Rel 4.85 confusion

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 11:17 AM
      Eric,

      Please, forgive my confusion on something. The way I understood the
      message you sent out on 03/26/2001, for pre-release #2, was that we could
      copy the NotePro.exe over our current NotePro.exe, which will be recognized
      as upgradable. This I did. The message you sent yesterday, 03/28/2001 is
      for pre-release #4, and in this note you indicate that this should be
      copied into a "Trial" folder. I realize that these are two different
      "pre-releases", but the latter pre-release message issues an underlying
      warning not to overwrite the executable. Was it okay to overwrite on
      pre-release #2, but not on #4?

      Note dated 03/26/2001 by Eric Fookes:
      All registered users are welcome to use it. Any feedback on the changes is
      much appreciated as usual.

      The wrapper file contains a .zip file with just the NotePro.exe program
      file in it. Just copy it over your current NotePro.exe file. Future
      versions of the wrapper will recognize this version as upgradable. Here's
      the download URL:

      NoteTab Pro 4.85 Pre-release #02 (size: 1,059,520 bytes)
      http://www.notetab.ch/temp/ntp485pwp.exe

      Note dated 03/28/2001 by Eric Fookes:
      I've just uploaded a pre-release copy of NoteTab Pro 4.85. The following
      .zip contains no Setup program, just the basic NoteTab files. Just unzip
      them into your NoteTab Light or NoteTab Pro Trial folder (but not in
      NoteTab Pro, you don't want to overwrite your registered version).

      NoteTab Pro 4.85 Trial pre-release #4 (size 876,183 bytes):
      http://www.fookes.com/ftp/beta/ntpt485pr.zip

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler
      (281) 280-4446
      I think everyone should be nice to me, don't you?