[NH] Document to HTML?

  • kevin@weblucent.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 1999
      Hey Guys & Gals,

      I have run into an interesting problem which I have never seen and know
      someone out here can help explain this...

      I am trying to "Modify" an .html document to "Strip HTML Tags" while
      "Preserving the URL's"...every time I have done this, up until now, it
      has worked perfectly. However, the document I am attempting to convert
      will not "preserve the URL's". I keep getting the * (asterik) with a
      space and then the title of the URL?

      In other words "Modify" "Strip HTML" "Preserve URL's" of this text:
      <a target=_top href="http://www.powerup.com.au/~sevloid/webtips/sevhtml
      .htm">The Sevloid Guide to HTML </a>

      will produce this:
      * The Sevloid Guide to HTML

      what I want is:
      http://www.powerup.com.au/~sevloid/webtips/sevhtml.htm

      isn't this possible?...either something strange is happening here or I
      am not yet fully awake?

      Thanks,
      Kevin
    • Claes Gauffin
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 1999
        Hi Kevin,

        At 07:32 1999-08-31 -0700, you wrote:

        >In other words "Modify" "Strip HTML" "Preserve URL's" of this text:
        ><a target=_top href="http://www.powerup.com.au/~sevloid/webtips/sevhtml
        >.htm">The Sevloid Guide to HTML </a>
        >
        >will produce this:
        >* The Sevloid Guide to HTML
        >
        >what I want is:
        >http://www.powerup.com.au/~sevloid/webtips/sevhtml.htm

        Putting the argument "target=..." after the argument "href=..." will get
        you the desired result. Ought to work either way, but there you are...

        Regards /Claes
      • Kevin A. Krall
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 1999
          Thanks Claes,

          I also found that when the URL is in a <UL> as part of a HTML list <LI> it
          will insert the * asterisk...wheww I thought I was losin' it for a minute
          there...;-)

          Kevin