[NH] IIS and Notetab (Copy)

  • by way of Jody
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1999
      Hi all,

      I image all of you are on the Basic list, but if not and using
      NT and ASP files you may find this of value.

      shawn.mccollu-@... wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/notetab/?start=5750
      > Hi shawn,
      >
      > > The problem is with notetab and a few other editing programs,
      > > If someone is viewing the file and it's psuedo-locked I get a
      > > message from notetab that says I can't save the file. Here is
      > > the error.
      > >
      > > error: cannot create file x:\test.htm
      >
      > I don't suppose this is the problem, but if the file has not
      > finished loading in any application, then that error will occur.

      Well it's really not a problem it's a feature. NT has a feature called
      oplock (opportunistic lock) described in this article
      http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/2/02.asp

      The reason that notepad will save the file is that it does not
      recognize the oplock response from NT. Notetab does recognize this
      response and there for will not save the file until the lock is off.

      What I and the 100 users here that have notetab would like is a feature
      that will allow notetab to not recognize the oplock response from NT
      and let us save the file.

      Shawn McCollum