Re: [NH] Need help with HTML form

  • thefrank
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28 7:49 AM
      Hi Rudi,

      >in the long run, we'll go for cgi, anyway, because we'd like to have
      the quiz evaluated right away.

      If your web servers have PHP or will let you load PHP, you may want
      to consider a simpler alternative to CGI. Usually delivers faster too.

      regards,

      tf
    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29 1:06 AM
        Lotta,

        > > >Wonder why the users send a message if they can
        > > > see that it's empty???
        >
        > >Because they're stupid :-)))
        >
        > Watch it. . . I'm a user most of the time. ;-)

        Aaargh! I didn't mean it like that! Just mocking the arrogance of
        geeks :-)

        > Maybe I've never filled in a mailto form. I couldn't resist so I
        filled in
        > yours. Dora gave me several warnings and the option to see the text
        before
        > it was sent. Good Dora. Is 2_1=1119 and 2_2=1107 right?

        U-huh. I couldn't use true/false as values (would have made cheating
        easy), so I used numeric 6 different values that are assigned to
        true/false. Kind of dumb. In a script, there will probably be a hash
        file with something like
        2_1=clicked true
        2_2=clicked false

        > No, no. The users won't get a single email. You will get maybe a
        newsletter
        > a week or nothing at all and the forms sent to you will maybe have
        a few
        > lines added to them. Nothing worse than that.

        Hmm. This doesn't sound bad. I don't mind getting spammed a bit; I
        just wouldn't want to have the users bothered.

        > Do you have access to CGI on your server? If so why don't you
        install a
        > script?

        Yes, we have CGI access. And there definitely will be a script, after
        the bad experience with the HTML form mail.

        > BNBForm is a mainly copy and paste one. Even I got it to work in
        > less than an hour, you'll fix it in half that time.

        Uhmm, that sets a high standard (sweat!). I just d'loaded BNBForm,
        but I also got loads of other form2mail-scripts. I was gonna install
        them, but then developped the ambition to come up with an all-in-one
        solution (form evaluation), and decided to go for the simplest
        solution first.

        > PDF, tsssssss. :-)

        (blush) Well, er ... an even simpler solution

        Rudi