About Posting to the Lists (was [Clip] Re: Rename Files?)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2001
      Hi eL, Stephen, Eb, Harvey, and All,

      If you have not been on the lists for awhile and do not
      understand what list to post on, what should not be posted, what
      list to ask what questions on, etc., please read the following.
      Otherwise, please skim over one of the three posts if you are on
      all three lists copied (or delete if you know where to post what
      at). I hope the short book is clear. ;) TIA - jody

      >Can someone advice how to (using Rnameit.exe) insert prefix with
      >incrementing numbers for selected files in a folder e.g., first
      >file 001, second file 002 ...?

      Stephen and Eb did you a good job doing it with a Clip and not
      explaining how to do it in the software itself! :) El, since you
      are at least a new poster to the NoteTab lists I would like to
      mention to you to try to keep your questions directed to the
      appropriate lists as much as possible.

      The NoteTab lists are for the discussion of NoteTab with the
      exception of the NoteTab Off-Topic list. That is the list you
      would post to with questions about the use of any Fookes
      Software, other products (software/hardware), computers and OS',
      etc. There are other lists for the different Fookes Software
      products as well. We use the NoteTab Off-Topic list for a number
      of things and do try to keep it computer related. It is a very
      helpful list with topics ranging from one end of the computer to
      the other.

      These are the few things to consider before posting:

      Please do not post Clips to the Basic list or questions that
      would need a Clip built. (I realize that you may not know if a
      Clip needs to be built or not and I understand that. ;) I am
      certainly not some control seeking person, but I have learned
      from experience what helps the NoteTab lists run smoother and
      keeps the subscription number the highest telling me people are
      reasonably happy with the way things are setup.

      Please continue deleting parts of posts when you reply that are
      not needed to understand your reply. (There are many members
      that have to pay extra money for various reasons, so by deleting
      portions of the posts that are not needed to understand your
      reply helps them out.)

      Please keep the discussion to the basic use of NoteTab on the
      NoteTab Basic list, NoteTab and HTML on that list, Album Express
      and MailBag Assistant to their lists:

      http://www.fookes.com/products.htm

      also see the following page and my signature line:

      There is more liberty on all the lists except the Basic list.
      Please try to post all your more difficult questions about
      NoteTab to a list you feel it would best fit on. For instance,
      normally, we discuss the operation of other software on the Off-
      Topic list. However, the operation of say a browser when dealing
      with web authoring could be posted on the NoteTab and HTML list
      although it would go well on the Off-Topic list. <g> Please just
      think for a bit before posting, use common sense and courtesy
      keeping the post clean and polite and when in doubt, just don't
      post to the Basic list. ;) Remember, you can set your mail
      options to read on the web so you don't have to get mail from
      lists that you only have a seldom question on it.

      OH, one other thing. I don't have a big problem for a link to be
      posted for software to get a task done as long as you just add 2-
      3 lines of what it does and preferably follows a method for
      NoteTab to do it. The preferred method though is to send the
      link to the Off-Topic list and copy the person who is needing it.
      The reason for that is because, once again, the lists are not for
      the discussion of other software and it is not uncommon to get 4-
      8 posts of links, replies, etc. to other software... and in a
      round about way "inviting" discussion on the software.

      (BTW, Stephen apologized to me in private eMail for his Clip on
      the Basic list the other day so I deleted my wet noodle post
      instead of giving him 99 lashes across the eyeball with it. Like
      a real bummer dude! haha.) I certainly understand mistakes are
      bound to happen and most of you know I make my fair share of
      them. ;)

      See the following for the link to the software mentioned above,
      Rnameit.exe: http://www.notetab.net/html/addons.htm

      I sincerely hope to add some products on that page someday. I
      have a number of them that are frequently posted to the lists.
      Unfortunately, I am really pressed for time. :(

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
      Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
      using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

      To Subscribe to or UnSubscribe from any of the following
      Mailing Lists send an empty post to the appropriate list(s)
      using the eMail address to the right of the list name:

      Subscribe
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
      The NoteTab Basic List................. NoteTab-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab Clips List................. ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab ClipsClass List............ ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab HTML List.................. ntb-HTML-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab Next Release List.......... ntb-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab Off-Topic List............. ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The NoteTab Announcements List......... ntb-Announcements-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The Album Express List................. Album-Express-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The Mailbag Assistant List............. MailBag-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      The Fookes Software Next Release List.. FS-NextRelease-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      UnSubscribe
      The NoteTab Basic List................. NoteTab-UnSubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Happy Tab'n, Clip'n, Edit'n, Test'n, &...
      Jody Adair
      Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23
      http://www.notetab.net