Netscape 6

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 7, 2001
      Hi All,

      Well I picked up the free Netscape 6. Actually I paid $5.95 for a CD with
      Netscape 6. I have been using a paid version of netscape since version 2
      something. I figured load it and try it out.... wrong.

      When I loaded it, the first thing I got was a notice: HTTP version not
      supported
      AdSubtract does not currently support HTTP/1.1. Please reconfigure your web
      browser not to use it, or contact help@... for assistance.

      What is AdSubtract? HTTP/1.1???? Is that what normal http is?? I am not
      able to bring up anything. Tried yahoo.com. No, tried AltaVista. No.
      Nothing. Reconfigure my web browser?? I just loaded theirs. I loaded
      Netscape 6 for a web browser.

      All this is way over my head.

      Lloyd
    • lloyd2
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 21, 2003
        Hi All,

        I am working with a linked stylesheet. I want to change the color of
        "link", "visited", and "active". I can change the colors but my problem
        comes that I want to change it on some pages and not on others.

        There must be a way.

        Lloyd
      • Robert Romberger
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 22, 2003
          On 21 Jul 2003 at 20:30, lloyd2 wrote:

          > I am working with a linked stylesheet. I want to change the color of
          > "link", "visited", and "active". I can change the colors but my problem
          > comes that I want to change it on some pages and not on others.
          > There must be a way.

          Here is where the common.css and special style sheets comes into play.
          Remember that that styles cascade down, so that the last listed is the one
          that is used first.

          --
          Robert

          Thought for the day: By all means, let's not confuse ourselves with the
          facts! Anonymous