RE: [NH] Re: How To make a Workbook ..... available online

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2001
      Hi Bill,

      > I was thinking of a program that .... uses the .exe extension that
      > opens itself ... maybe that is not neccesary for a workbook ... this
      > workbook has diagrams and they should be able to print it
      > to a printer ... anyway ... just being lazy ... this list is great
      > for getting a url quick ...
      > Thanks
      > Bill

      I'm not sure quite what you are looking for, but I have recently discovered
      "HTMLDoc" (http://www.easysw.com). This is free software that coverts HTML to
      PDF files.

      I was written mainly to produce software manuals and similar documents in PDF
      (Acrobat Reader) format, which are, of course, designed to be printed. To be
      used to best effect the HTML file needs to be authored for the purpose, but any
      well constructed file, with a rational collection of <H1> to <H6> tags will
      generate a very acceptable book, complete with a full set of "bookmarks" for
      very easy navigation through the book when viewing it on screen (a bit like
      NoteTab's .OTL headings). It also will automatically generate a title and
      contents page showing every level of sub-heading within chapters. There are
      some short-comings, but it is freeware and worth a look at.

      Greg