Re: [NH] Re: How To make a Workbook ..... available online

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28 2:19 AM

      Thanks frank:
      I was thinking of a program that .... uses the .exe extension that
      opens itself ... maybe that is not neccesary for a workbook ... this
      workbook has diagrams and they should be able to print it
      to a printer ... anyway ... just being lazy ... this list is great
      for getting a url quick ...
      Thanks
      Bill

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2001
        Hi Bill,

        > I was thinking of a program that .... uses the .exe extension that
        > opens itself ... maybe that is not neccesary for a workbook ... this
        > workbook has diagrams and they should be able to print it
        > to a printer ... anyway ... just being lazy ... this list is great
        > for getting a url quick ...
        > Thanks
        > Bill

        I'm not sure quite what you are looking for, but I have recently discovered
        "HTMLDoc" (http://www.easysw.com). This is free software that coverts HTML to
        PDF files.

        I was written mainly to produce software manuals and similar documents in PDF
        (Acrobat Reader) format, which are, of course, designed to be printed. To be
        used to best effect the HTML file needs to be authored for the purpose, but any
        well constructed file, with a rational collection of <H1> to <H6> tags will
        generate a very acceptable book, complete with a full set of "bookmarks" for
        very easy navigation through the book when viewing it on screen (a bit like
        NoteTab's .OTL headings). It also will automatically generate a title and
        contents page showing every level of sub-heading within chapters. There are
        some short-comings, but it is freeware and worth a look at.

        Greg