Re: [NH] Digest Number 221
- Just wanted to let you know that I think your tutorial is getting better and better! I like the popup effect very much (I'm going to steal the method and use it on my web site, if you don't mind). The layout is clean and simple, easy to read. Keep up the good work.
As I was looking through your code, I ran it through Tidy and discovered a couple of minor glitches.
1. line 20 column 1 - Warning: discarding unexpected </script>
This appears on at least 3 pages that I checked. If you are using a template to start each page with, fix it there too.
2. line 22 column 1 - Warning: <script> lacks "type" attribute
Take it or leave it, but Tidy thinks the script tag should include something like:
I forget why off the top of my head. I just always use it to avoid the error message in Tidy!
3. line 149 column 133 - Warning: discarding unexpected </font>
Remove the unnecessary /font tag at the end of this img tag:
<IMG SRC="resource/new_doc_html.gif" WIDTH="333" HEIGHT="239" BORDER="0" ALT="Image of menu to modify to html"></font>
These are not fatal problems but should be cleaned up in my opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion.
I would be interested in swapping links with you. Your tutorial fits the theme of my new web site. Contact me privately at 97321@... if you'd like.
*********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********
On 2/22/01 at 12:28 PM email@example.com wrote:
> Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 04:51:07 -0000
> From: twhmmh@...
>Subject: Re: basic html in notetab tutorial; page check
Ken Brayton, Albany Oregon
Home of Mr B's Show-N-Tell On-line Tutorials
www.iammrb.com (I am Mr. B)
- Hi. I see that you use Notetab & tidy.exe. Although I've downloaded
Notetab Light, when I try to use it to run tidy it says "not found". I've
searched my computer, and I don't have that file. Can you please tell me
how and where you got it? Thanks very much.
- Hi Lorraine;
You need to download tidy separately and then place the tidy.exe
into C:\Program Files\NoteTab Light Tidy can be found at:
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ or for the direct download:
Hope this helps :)
Port Clinton, Ohio
--- In ntb-html@y..., "Rainy" <tim-rainy@h...> wrote:
> Hi. I see that you use Notetab & tidy.exe. Although I've
> Notetab Light, when I try to use it to run tidy it says "not
> searched my computer, and I don't have that file. Can you please
> how and where you got it? Thanks very much.
> Lorraine Hartley