[NH] tip for Q&A pages

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2001

      Hi all!

      While "improving" my eBay pages I discover a fancy way to make Q&A indented
      lists without to use tables:

      <ol type="A">
      <li value=17> shows a Q
      <li value=1> shows a A

      If you need small q and a you must use type="a".
      With a lot of math you can show whole words (value=463 shows "QU" and
      value=12448 shows "QST")

      And now we wait for somebody who writes the clip for these things...

      Have fun!

      Marco Bernardini
    • thefrank
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2001
        Hi Marco,

        Yes, the *type* attribute for OL still works with most browsers but
        has been deprecated in HTLM4 to be replaced with CSS attributes
        instead.

        http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/lists.html#h-10.3.1

        For a few pages on Ebay you're probably ok, but if one were to code
        thousands of pages, it would be better to go ahead and use the CSS
        now instead...less to revise later on.

        regards,

        tf
      • Marco Bernardini
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2001

          Alle 11.32 Thursday 15/02/2001 +0000, ntb-html@yahoogroups.com ha mandato a
          Marco questo messaggio:

          > Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:48:15 -0000
          > From: "thefrank" <thefrank@...>
          >Subject: Re: tip for Q&A pages
          >
          >Yes, the *type* attribute for OL still works with most browsers but
          >has been deprecated in HTLM4

          Even to make browsers acting in non-standard ways is deprecated, but
          somebody still makes them ;-)

          Bye!

          Marco