Re: (Semi-OT) Storyboard site planner?

  • psteeper@ns.sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 8, 2001
      Hi Mike,
      When I plan a site I like to create an Outline in MS-Word. In Notetab
      you can create outlines but I like Word better for this purpose.
      I use the Outline view in Word as I can create several levels, move
      the levels around, click to open or close and add descriptions. Of
      course you print it out to present to your clients.
      Using this it is easy to plan the menu structure and navigation for
      your site.
      I use Illustrator to create the visual look of my pages. I can use
      the web pallette to choose safe colours and I can easily move items
      around the page until I'm satisfied with the results.
      Then I code in NoteTab.
      Thanks to Eric, Jody and group for an excellent product!

      Peter Steeper
      Halifax, Nova Scotia
      Canada
      www3.ns.sympatico.ca/psteeper
      www.velohalifax.ca

      ..suggests using some sort of storyboard to plan a site. I'm
      wondering if
      > there's a decent free/cheap app that can help me to visualize how
      my site
      > should look?
      >
      > If you don't know of any specific app, how did you plan your site?
      All
      > ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      >

      > Mike McCallister ProTek Writing Services
      > workingwriter@e... "Translation from the Geek a specialty"
      > Phone: (303) 554-7533 Fax: (248) 282-0532
    • Lynda H. Markwell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 8, 2001
        > ..suggests using some sort of storyboard to plan a site. I'm
        > wondering if there's a decent free/cheap app that can help me to
        >visualize how my site should look?

        Here's a wonderful app that I've used for lots of different types of
        projects, from character-building to website project planning. It's
        called MindManager, and is based on a nonlinear thinking approach to
        problem solving. I've found the "lite" version, called eMindMaps, to
        be equally satisfying for brainstorming and working out flowcharts in
        website projects. MindManager is $119 for a single license (trial DL
        available), but eMindMap is only $30 for single license (but no trial
        DL). So try out MindManager (which includes mapping function), and if
        your brain clicks with this type of approach, then you can purchase
        whichever version suits your budget. From MindJet, both are available
        at http://www.mindmanager.com

        Lynda