Re: [NH] (Semi-OT) Storyboard site planner?

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2001
      Hi Mike,
      I use a notebook. I just sit and scratch around on it for a bit. It
      looks a lot like chicken scratches at first.

      During this phase I'm trying to organize what I think the content is
      going to be.
      I draw a couple of organizational charts (these too looking like hen
      scratches)

      The hard sites to design (not that I am SUCH a veteran) seem to be those
      I'm not quite sure what the content is going to be, or who it is
      designed for.

      After a bit, the ideas kind of jell and links and content start lining
      up.
      Then I start sketching what I think a page or two may really look like
      and then I go to NoteTab and see how easy or hard it really is to do.
      It seems that the more I draw at first, the easier the finished thing is
      to do.
      (But I am interested in higher tech apps for storyboards too, it'd be
      easier to show others my ideas if I could convert hen-scratches to
      something apprehendable)
      G'luck,
      Stephen
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2001
        09/02/01 01:19:20

        For planning a website, work out the main broad areas rather like a directory for the first level of
        buttons or links, and then each of those has the next level, and then another level, so a website
        is like an inverted tree. There should always be a way back to the top level, or the top buttons
        stay visible, and sometimes there are cross links. For example, a top level link for galleries goes
        next level down to the choice of galleries, but obviously those galleries will relate to topics
        covered by other top level links, and so going deeper each gallery is accessed from the subject
        as well, and thus is a way to the choice of galleries. With an inverted tree the website has clear
        channels of development over time - where to place things - although as one account fills up the
        complication for the author is to name the folders the same and keep the tree of links but which in
        fact go across ISPs.

        Adrian Worsfold

        web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        email: adrian@...