RE: [NH] TopStyle Integration & Yahoo/eGroups stuff

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
      Hi Wayland,

      > What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed any posts
      > that dealt with it?

      Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

      =====================
      TopStyle provides powerful tools to create cross-browser style sheets. Features
      such as the property inspector and style checker ensure that your style sheets
      work in all major browsers, while site-wide style management features make
      applying styles across multiple pages a breeze. TopStyle includes full support
      for CSS1 and CSS2, as well as for CSS implementations from Microsoft, Netscape,
      WebTV Plus and Opera Software. TopStyle validates your style sheets against any
      (or all) of these implementations, warning you not only about errors in your
      style sheets, but also about bugs in popular browsers that may affect their
      display.

      NoteTab integrates seamlessly with TopStyle version 1.51 and above. It offers
      access to TopStyle commands through the TopStyle library and Clipbar.

      To learn more about this useful program and download a free version, please
      visit the following Web page:

      http://www.bradsoft.com/redir.asp?id=130
      =====================

      Actually the Lite version doesn't quite do all these things, but is the freeware
      version that I use.

      Greg
    • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
        Hi Friends,

        Thanks for the info on Top Style. Looks like a nice tool.

        Greg Wrote:
        >Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

        Funny what one can find out by reading Help files. Yes, I missed this one.
        I guess I am sort of a die hard about trying to figure things out on my
        own, so I, normally, do not go to the Help files of any application.
        Usually when I am really desperate. For this one I did not know that it
        was there. Thanks for the lead.

        Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really a big
        deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made the information
        about how to make the transition a little easier to find. Maybe all of the
        long distance calls to their help desk is making the long distance carriers
        happy, eh?

        Regards,

        Wayland Fowler
        Software Engineer (and all around nice guy!)
        (281) 280-4446
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
          Hi Wayland,

          >Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really
          >a big deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made
          >the information about how to make the transition a little easier
          >to find.

          Don't feel bad. I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
          days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
          the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
          suggestions. Once you/we start dealing with bigger companies
          there is not much that can be done except send eMail. If they
          receive to many complaints like they did with the ads on top they
          will change something - sometimes. :)

          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab and Html List...
        • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
            Jody,

            >I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
            >days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
            >the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
            >suggestions.

            So much for a "SEAMLESS" transition, right? Maybe so, for them. I guess
            it is like going to the dentist and he says, "This won't hurt a bit!".
            Right! Maybe it will not hurt him.