Re: [NH] TopStyle Integration & Yahoo/eGroups stuff

  • Lloyd
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2001
      Hi Wayland,

      Yes, I had the same problem. I also didn't like all their questions. As far
      as I am concerned, a lot of them was none of their business.

      Lloyd
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5, 2001
        Hi Wayland,

        >What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed
        >any posts that dealt with it?

        It is an editor to aide with making style sheets. The author,
        Nick Bradbury, ie the old HomeSite author up to v4.0 which I
        believe is the last version he did by himself. From help:

        TopStyle CSS editor

        TopStyle provides powerful tools to create cross-browser style
        sheets. Features such as the property inspector and style checker
        ensure that your style sheets work in all major browsers, while
        site-wide style management features make applying styles across
        multiple pages a breeze. TopStyle includes full support for CSS1
        and CSS2, as well as for CSS implementations from Microsoft,
        Netscape, WebTV Plus and Opera Software. TopStyle validates your
        style sheets against any (or all) of these implementations,
        warning you not only about errors in your style sheets, but also
        about bugs in popular browsers that may affect their display.

        NoteTab integrates seamlessly with TopStyle version 1.51 and
        above. It offers access to TopStyle commands through the TopStyle
        library and Clipbar.

        To learn more about this useful program and download a free
        version, please visit the following Web page:

        http://www.bradsoft.com/redir.asp?id=130

        >So I signed up for a Yahoo mail account. I guess we all need
        >umpteen e-mail accounts to be able to use internet utilities.

        That is the procedure Yahoo chose to go with. You can still use
        the eGroups addresses to send to the lists if you want, but you
        have to sign up with them in order to post. I think there is a
        problem unsubscribing though from the lists if one does not make
        a Yahoo account. The users that don't post or read on the web
        don't have to worry about the change - life will go on for them
        as before, at least for now. The "big fish eat the little thing"
        is not new to commerce. Sometimes it goes through without any of
        the users of a service never noticing and sometimes it is a big
        headache. It depends on how the "big fish" wants to handle it.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
          Hi Wayland,

          > What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed any posts
          > that dealt with it?

          Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

          =====================
[...]

          Actually the Lite version doesn't quite do all these things, but is the freeware
          version that I use.

          Greg
        • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
            Hi Friends,

            Thanks for the info on Top Style. Looks like a nice tool.

            Greg Wrote:
            >Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

            Funny what one can find out by reading Help files. Yes, I missed this one.
            I guess I am sort of a die hard about trying to figure things out on my
            own, so I, normally, do not go to the Help files of any application.
            Usually when I am really desperate. For this one I did not know that it
            was there. Thanks for the lead.

            Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really a big
            deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made the information
            about how to make the transition a little easier to find. Maybe all of the
            long distance calls to their help desk is making the long distance carriers
            happy, eh?

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
              Hi Wayland,

              >Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really
              >a big deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made
              >the information about how to make the transition a little easier
              >to find.

              Don't feel bad. I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
              days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
              the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
              suggestions. Once you/we start dealing with bigger companies
              there is not much that can be done except send eMail. If they
              receive to many complaints like they did with the ads on top they
              will change something - sometimes. :)

              http://www.notetab.net

              The NoteTab and Html List...
            • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6, 2001
                Jody,

                >I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
                >days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
                >the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
                >suggestions.

                So much for a "SEAMLESS" transition, right? Maybe so, for them. I guess
                it is like going to the dentist and he says, "This won't hurt a bit!".
                Right! Maybe it will not hurt him.