Re: [NH] TopStyle Integration & Yahoo/eGroups stuff

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5 8:36 AM
      Hi Jody & Adam,

      What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed any posts
      that dealt with it?

      Also, I just discovered that I (and I guess every one else, too) have to
      sign up for a Yahoo mail account to be able to access the eGroups pages. I
      thought that there was not supposed to be anything different about using
      the lists. The difficulty was that eGroups would not accept my ID and
      password. Then, I e-mailed the Yahoo people about this and they never
      responded personally, only with pre-formated mail. They kept insisting
      that I was not in the database, although I had confirmation e-mail stating
      that I was a member of the group. So, it took me making a long distance
      phone call to their help desk to discover that my ID and password needed to
      correspond with my Yahoo mail account, which I did not have. So I signed
      up for a Yahoo mail account. I guess we all need umpteen e-mail accounts
      to be able to use internet utilities. Has anyone else run into this
      difficulty with their eGroups access? Or did I just miss any postings that
      informed us to join Yahoo?

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler
      Software Engineer (and all around nice guy!)
      (281) 280-4446

      Jody
      <av1611@earth To: ntb-html@yahoogroups.com
      link.net> cc:
      Subject: Re: [NH] TopStyle Integration
      02/04/01
      12:07 AM
      Please
      respond to
      ntb-html

      Hi Adam,

      Normally, if you close NoteTab and reinstall TopStyle to the same
      location just overwriting it will come up then.

      >I have been setting up NoteTab and other applications on a new
      >computer, and just downloaded and installed TopStyle Lite 2.0.
      >NoteTab however doesn't recognize that it is there. Whenever any
      >of the TopStyle clips are activated, I get the message to go
      >download it. Any ideas?

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      www.
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 5 11:37 AM
        Hi Wayland,

        Yes, I had the same problem. I also didn't like all their questions. As far
        as I am concerned, a lot of them was none of their business.

        Lloyd
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5 3:15 PM
          Hi Wayland,

          >What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed
          >any posts that dealt with it?

          It is an editor to aide with making style sheets. The author,
          Nick Bradbury, ie the old HomeSite author up to v4.0 which I
          believe is the last version he did by himself. From help:

          TopStyle CSS editor

          TopStyle provides powerful tools to create cross-browser style
          sheets. Features such as the property inspector and style checker
          ensure that your style sheets work in all major browsers, while
          site-wide style management features make applying styles across
          multiple pages a breeze. TopStyle includes full support for CSS1
          and CSS2, as well as for CSS implementations from Microsoft,
          Netscape, WebTV Plus and Opera Software. TopStyle validates your
          style sheets against any (or all) of these implementations,
          warning you not only about errors in your style sheets, but also
          about bugs in popular browsers that may affect their display.

          NoteTab integrates seamlessly with TopStyle version 1.51 and
          above. It offers access to TopStyle commands through the TopStyle
          library and Clipbar.

          To learn more about this useful program and download a free
          version, please visit the following Web page:

          http://www.bradsoft.com/redir.asp?id=130

          >So I signed up for a Yahoo mail account. I guess we all need
          >umpteen e-mail accounts to be able to use internet utilities.

          That is the procedure Yahoo chose to go with. You can still use
          the eGroups addresses to send to the lists if you want, but you
          have to sign up with them in order to post. I think there is a
          problem unsubscribing though from the lists if one does not make
          a Yahoo account. The users that don't post or read on the web
          don't have to worry about the change - life will go on for them
          as before, at least for now. The "big fish eat the little thing"
          is not new to commerce. Sometimes it goes through without any of
          the users of a service never noticing and sometimes it is a big
          headache. It depends on how the "big fish" wants to handle it.

          http://www.notetab.net

          The NoteTab and Html List...
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 6 2:43 AM
            Hi Wayland,

            > What is TopStyle Lite? Have I been in La La Land and just missed any posts
            > that dealt with it?

            Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

            =====================
[...]

            Actually the Lite version doesn't quite do all these things, but is the freeware
            version that I use.

            Greg
          • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 6 8:57 AM
              Hi Friends,

              Thanks for the info on Top Style. Looks like a nice tool.

              Greg Wrote:
              >Ah! Missed reading the NoteTab Helpfile eh?

              Funny what one can find out by reading Help files. Yes, I missed this one.
              I guess I am sort of a die hard about trying to figure things out on my
              own, so I, normally, do not go to the Help files of any application.
              Usually when I am really desperate. For this one I did not know that it
              was there. Thanks for the lead.

              Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really a big
              deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made the information
              about how to make the transition a little easier to find. Maybe all of the
              long distance calls to their help desk is making the long distance carriers
              happy, eh?

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 6 9:54 AM
                Hi Wayland,

                >Concerning the Yahoo/eGroups thing. I suppose this is not really
                >a big deal. It just would have been nice for them to have made
                >the information about how to make the transition a little easier
                >to find.

                Don't feel bad. I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
                days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
                the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
                suggestions. Once you/we start dealing with bigger companies
                there is not much that can be done except send eMail. If they
                receive to many complaints like they did with the ads on top they
                will change something - sometimes. :)

                http://www.notetab.net

                The NoteTab and Html List...
              • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 6 10:12 AM
                  Jody,

                  >I did not get my owner/moderator letter until 3
                  >days after the change, a day after I sent in a complaint about
                  >the things they changed and for not notifying us - plus
                  >suggestions.

                  So much for a "SEAMLESS" transition, right? Maybe so, for them. I guess
                  it is like going to the dentist and he says, "This won't hurt a bit!".
                  Right! Maybe it will not hurt him.