[NH] Re: HTML from Templates

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 17 2:51 PM
      08/17/1999 7:28 AM Jody wrote
      > I still haven't seen the advantage of Templates over Clips yet
      > though because from what I can see one cannot act upon text in
      > the focused document so he looses a lot of power.

      It doesn't matter which clipbook is open & handles numbering
      the new files?

      --- Grandma Kay ---
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 17 3:04 PM
        08/17/1999 9:12 AM Tom Thomas wrote

        > At 09:28 AM 8/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
        >>> Where do you get the info you're pasting?

        > Most of the time from WordPerfect. The files I was talking
        > about yesterday came via email though.

        Very easy to automate :) but you need the newest version.

        > Ah, maybe this is why it won't work. I'm using the 4.011
        > free version. Can't find anything in the help directory
        > about wizards.

        4.6 has a free version. You need it to use the template I
        sent. Now is the time to get it. There were some changes
        in the clip syntax. The rest of it works just like what
        you're used to but even better :) The commercial versions
        give you even more power & are worth way more than they
        cost!

        > What is this "mem box"?

        It's a wizard memo field. (multi-line input).

        > So the clip has a drop down menu to select the catagory
        > which inserts the appropriate code.

        That's a wizard but might not have been called that in 4.0.

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 17 8:37 PM
          Hi Lawrence,

          > I guess it could have more minute "control", but clip code can
          > be put into templates. It all depends on which works best, in a
          > given situation, yet another example of more than one way to do
          > things in NoteTab!

          Sure, I am not saying that templates are not useful and probably
          for a lot of people preferred. Not for me though. They require
          a number of steps to accomplish something that can be done with
          one click in a clip like Kay's example for instance. Try making
          frames with a click out of Templates sometime. :) I'm sure if I
          spent the time I could find a number of things that cannot be
          done with Templates a lot of things that require more clicking to
          get the same outcome.

          BTW, my NotePage is old and worn out - it's in desparate need of
          a major overhaul, but I do not have the time. :(

          Happy NoteTabbin',
          Jody Adair

          The NoteTabbers Assistant Page
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          NoteTab Home Page - Go Pro.....
          http://www.notetab.com
        • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 17 9:28 PM
            Jody,

            On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:37:38 -0500 Jody <KJB1611@...> writes:
            > BTW, my NotePage is old and worn out - it's in desparate need of
            > a major overhaul, but I do not have the time. :(

            TIME??? What is that? ;)

            For me it is like money a lot goes by, but it does not last....

            Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
            http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
            My Web Site: http://members.tripod.com/notlimaH/

            "Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will direct your paths." Prov.
            3:6
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 18 10:01 PM
              Hi Kay,

              >> I still haven't seen the advantage of Templates over Clips yet
              >> though because from what I can see one cannot act upon text in
              >> the focused document so he looses a lot of power.
              >
              > It doesn't matter which clipbook is open & handles numbering
              > the new files?

              True, the clipbook doesn't matter, but I would think when working
              with html files one would have his html clipbook open anyway.
              Your right though, that is an advantage, but still does not make
              up for the pwer loss being able to easy manipulate data and
              handle difficult tasks. I certainly am not saying Templates are
              useless, I just find them a pain to use because of all the
              clicking to get to them and then once again, *I* want my power. <g>

              The NoteTab and Html List...
              mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...