RE: [NH] CSS level 2

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
      On 4 Feb 2001, at 23:47, Grant wrote:

      > > What browsers support CSS Level 2?
      > >
      > > It'd be nice to have the { display: table } { display: table-row }
      > > and { display: table-cell } for XML data.
      > >
      > > Somehow could not get it to work in MSIE 5.5 and NN 6.0.
      >
      > Hi Piotr
      > >Or maybe I
      > > was doing something wrong?
      >
      > Maybe but if you don't post a snippet we can't tell.

      Hi Grant,

      Thanks for helpful tips.

      > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      > <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="xsheet.css"?>

      should there be a space before the ?>
      Seen different things in different books

      > the bad news
      > does not display correctly in ie5.5
      So I could be testing it forever :)

      However I don't think it would be too hard
      > mimic table styles using display: block and display: inline property
      > values Something like
      >
      > tr{
      > display: block;
      > }
      >
      > td{
      > display: inline;
      > margin-left: 2em;
      > margin-right: 2em;
      > }

      But then I would need fixed width for inline elements. Do they have a
      "width" property? Sure I can look that up myself in my references.
      And then the inline elements could only have one 'row' of text or
      else they would have to be blocks. But that would be fine in most
      cases.

      Thanks

      Piotr