Re: [NH] Re: How to Use Thumbnails

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2001
      Hi MCMAIER,

      >Well, I have 1200 photos to be edited for my someday web site. I
      >was surprised to see interest in thumbnails here and thought I'd
      >ask the not so obvious to me question: how are they made and how
      >do you use them? Having a program which renders them is one
      >thing, but doing them and using them is another. Would some of
      >you talented and experienced people please shed a little light on
      >this? With appreciation--MM

      In a lot of cases you have the thumbnail(s) showing on a page and
      then link to a larger image.

      Instead of loading a lot of big images you load thumbnails in a page
      and let the user click on what they want.

      Large page:
      http://home.earthlink.net/~testbed/poco-dora.htm
      Single quickie thumbnail
      http://home.earthlink.net/~testbed/1.htm

      or see:

      http://www.fookes.com/screensavers/index.html
      http://www.fookes.com/portfolio/switzerland.htm
      http://www.fookes.com/portfolio/finland.htm

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
    • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2001
        03/02/01 16:46:23

        See my website and Galleries for how to use thumbnails, but I make my
        own by resizing. They give a clue about what is to be seen. Latest ones
        click on Elena. I use 1" by 1" and show an illustrative portion of a
        picture that is seen in high quality, either 5" high or 6" wide on the
        longest edge.

        Adrian Worsfold

        web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
        email: adrian@...