Re: Thumbnails: was [NH] Where is "tidy.exe?"

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      more importantly, can you batch convert to make thumbnails?
      I don't see it right off in psp7
      so I pulled out my trusty ifranview and batch processed
      I assume Eric's suggested freeware slide_show has something similiar

      does anybody know how to do it for multiple images in psp?

      ---
      Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
        Hi Don,

        >so I pulled out my trusty ifranview and batch processed
        >I assume Eric's suggested freeware slide_show has something similiar
        >does anybody know how to do it for multiple images in psp?

        All Thumbs does a better job than Ifranview. You can control various
        parameters like sizing, contrast, lightness, sharpness, watermarks, etc.
        Although the interface has some minor quirks, it does its job well and
        fast. Here's the URL for those who want to try this piece of freeware:

        http://slideshow-refinery.com/

        Regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes

      • Lloyd
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
          Hi Don,

          Try File|Browse and then select the folder with the picture files. They
          just come bubbling out, one next to the other. You then can select one or
          more of them and print, copy or what ever you want to do with them.

          Lloyd
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >more importantly, can you batch convert to make thumbnails?
          >I don't see it right off in psp7
          >so I pulled out my trusty ifranview and batch processed
          >I assume Eric's suggested freeware slide_show has something similiar
          >
          >does anybody know how to do it for multiple images in psp?
          >
          >---
          >Don Passenger
        • Scott Fordin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
            I actually paid for a shareware image management/thumbnail
            package called ThumbsPlus from Cerious Software
            (http://www.cerious.com). It's a full-blown database
            package that does thumbnailing, Web image gallery creation,
            very high quality image manipulation/processing, screen
            captures, annotations, watermarks, similarity searches
            (truly cool), and pretty sophisticated file management,
            among other things I can't remember now because I'm too
            tired... IrfanView is quite nice, but if you need to manage
            or process lots of images, ThumbsPlus is far more robust.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
              Hi Don and All,

              It is OK to post a few links on the lists, but discussion of
              the use of the software needs to go to the NoteTab Off-Topic
              list. Please see below to sign up.

              >more importantly, can you batch convert to make thumbnails?
              >I don't see it right off in psp7
              >does anybody know how to do it for multiple images in psp?

              Subscribe, Unsubscribe, Short Information on where to post:

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List