[NH] Add NoteTab to IE5's Edit List

  • Brett Taylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 1999
      Hi there,
      Reading the help files for NetCaster `^_^, and I read about this:

      Adding HTML Editors
      This description of how to add to the available HTML editors was taken from
      an article on the Microsoft SiteBuilder Network. The article was located at
      here at the time of this writing.
      The steps for adding HTML editors to the drop-down list on the Programs tab
      of the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer 5 and later is
      slightly different than the steps for adding client applications like mail
      and news.
      Register the friendly name of the HTML editor by adding a new key to
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList.

      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\friendly name

      Add shell, edit, and command keys to the editor's registry entry.

      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\friendly name\shell\edit\command

      Enter the fully formed path of the .exe file that launches the editor in the
      command key's "Value data" field. Enclose the path in quotes if it contains
      spaces. The following example shows the Value data entry for a typical
      installation of FrontPage Express. Include %1 as a parameter. This parameter
      refers to the file name of the active Web page. "c:\program files\microsoft
      front page express\bin\fpxpress.exe" %1

      ----8<--------

      Ok, its me again... :) If you get confused, look at the other entries for
      fpx and notepad... they helped me a bit.. :)

      Maybe it could be integrated into NoteTab's Setup...? (along with a context
      menu for Editing HTML in NoteTab.. ???)

      Hope that's of use to some people!

      God Bless,
      -= Brett Taylor =-

      http://surf.to/enkisoft/ -- My Website
      weednix@... -- My Email Address
      Please feel free request me for my vCard for
      importing my personal details into
      popular e-mail programs.
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17, 1999
        Hi Brett,

        >Register the friendly name of the HTML editor by adding a new key to
        >HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList.
        >
        >HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm\OpenWithList\friendly name

        If you go to Help/Replace MS Notepad in NoteTab, does that do the
        same thing the manual edit of the registry does? If you Replace
        MS Notepad in NoteTab, NoteTab is added to the IE5 edit list.

        Happy HTMLin'!
        Jody

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Glenn Dixon
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 1999
          *LOL* I just did the "Replace MS Notepad" function, and now the IE5 Toolbar
          for editing has an additional item that says "Edit with Dummy NotePad
          program." I guess we know what MS thinks about replacing their programs now
          :o)

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 17, 1999
            Hi Glenn,

            > *LOL* I just did the "Replace MS Notepad" function, and now
            > the IE5 Toolbar for editing has an additional item that says
            > "Edit with Dummy NotePad program." I guess we know what MS
            > thinks about replacing their programs now :o)

            Hehehe, or perhaps the author of NoteTab is the guilty one. <g>

            Happy HTMLin'!
            Jody

            The NoteTab and Html List...
            mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
          • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 17, 1999
              Hey all!

              On Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:11:57 +1200 "Brett Taylor"
              <weednix@...> writes:
              > Adding HTML Editors

              This is the line I came up with: "C:\Program Files\NoteTab
              Std\NotePro.exe" %1, and it worked great. I do quite a bit with the
              registry for tweaks and stuff. Just make sure to back up first!

              Larry Hamilton, Jr. lmhamilton@...
              http://www.HamiltonGenSociety.org/
              My Web Site: http://members.tripod.com/notlimaH/