Re: [NTB] Re: using notetab as my text editor from programs

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2001
      Hi Robert and All,

      Could you please bring this trhread over the the NoteTab and HTML list please. Sign up below. I have comments fowlooing...

      >> > I use it with success, except that each time I click on view
      >> > from a program (say ws_ftp le for example), it starts a new
      >> > copy of notetab. How do I get it to open the view document in
      >> > the currently open notetab instance? I don't want to uncheck
      >> > the multiple instance feature, but I don't want 5 copies open
      >> > because I am viewing.

      >This very same behavior came to my attention a couple of weeks
      >ago and repeated itself today. When it first happened I verified
      >I had the Allow Multiple Instances option unchecked. Have done
      >the same today but I still get a new instance of NoteTab when I
      >click the View File button in WS_FTP LE. It may have something to
      >do with the fact I am running NT.

      Look NoteTab's ini file under:

      [Options]
      MultipleInstances=0

      Set it to a zero, save the ini file with an exclamation mark in front
      of the file name, save, close, and reopen NoteTab.

      I do not have any path problems with spaces nor multiple instances. I suspection it is you configurartion.

      My WS_Ftp ini file hasa the followint it it:

      [_config_]
      SESSION=NoteTab-html
      MAILADDR=wsftple@
      VIEWER=E:\NoteTab Pro\NotePro.exe ^.htm
      VERBOSE=0
      dolog=1
      logfile=WS_FTP.LOG
      VRFYDEL=1
      UseFindExec=0

      The "^.htm" in not needed is you have it set in the associations area.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...