help - open documents disappearing!

  • Birchfield House Co-op
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 15, 2001
      s.o.s.

      for no reason that i can fathom, the couple of dozen documents that i
      usually have open at any one time, are no longer there anymore when i reopen
      notetab. i'm currently using the 4.83 light version.

      i have 'reload open documents' ticked under the options/general tab. is
      there anything else i can do to restore things to how they used to be?

      thanx in advance.

      paul.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2001
        Hi Paul,

        >for no reason that i can fathom, the couple of dozen documents
        >that i usually have open at any one time, are no longer there
        >anymore when i reopen notetab. i'm currently using the 4.83 light
        >version.
        >
        >i have 'reload open documents' ticked under the options/general
        >tab. is there anything else i can do to restore things to how
        >they used to be?

        Try opening up NoteTab.ini found in NoteTab's main folder. See
        if CheckReload=1 is set to a one. If not, make it a one. Save
        the ini file as !NoteTab.ini with the exclamation mark and
        restart NoteTab. See if the problem clears. If not, try a new
        ini file.

        To create a new ini file, close NoteTab and rename NotePro.ini
        found in its main folder (NoteTab.ini for Std/Light). Start up
        NoteTab and it will use its default settings actually creating
        the ini file when you shut down NoteTab.

        Alternatively, if you have a backup ini file or do not care if you
        loose your settings, startup NoteTab while holding the Ctrl key
        down. You will be prompted asking if you want to reset NoteTab's
        settings. If you choose "Yes" it will be the same as a new install
        or creating a new ini file like above. You will loose all your
        current settings.

        If that does not work, try a new install.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Birchfield House Co-op
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2001
          hi jody,

          thanks for the comprehensive reply.

          checkreload was set to 1, so i followed the option of renaming the .ini file
          and rebooting.

          i didn't realise how much customizing i'd done until i saw the default
          again. :-)
          after cutting and pasting my settings from the old, renamed .ini into the
          new one, i seem to be more or less where i want to be but i can't get my
          favourites in the quick list to re establish their links.

          any suggestions or do i have to re enter them all. there's quite a lot of
          them!

          cheers!

          paul.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 16, 2001
            Hi Paul,

            >i didn't realise how much customizing i'd done until i saw the
            >default again. :-)

            :)

            >after cutting and pasting my settings from the old, renamed .ini
            >into the new one, i seem to be more or less where i want to be
            >but i can't get my favourites in the quick list to re establish
            >their links.

            Try opening all your .fvr files in NoteTab. They are found in
            NoteTab's Favorites folder. ;) It really depends on what changes
            were made on what you need to do to fix the paths which I suspect
            is the problem. It may be as easy as doing a "All Documents"
            finding say "C:\" with "D:\" w/o the quotes.

            http://www.notetab.net

            The NoteTab and Html List...
            mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
          • Birchfield House Co-op
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2001
              hi jody,

              everything is once more in it's place and all is right with the world. :-)

              paul.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2001
                Glad to hear it Paul! :)

                Hi Birchfield House Co-op,