[NH] Re: Opening ASP Files

  • Michael Gerholdt
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
      Jody,

      OK, now this works:

      ^!Set %Path%= /127.0.0.1/^?[file]

      note that I have to add two spaces and one of the slashes. If I don't add
      any info for the 'file' part of the prompt, this produces http://127.0.0.1/
      and that will load the home page for the web server; if I add other
      dir/filenames it will go sub that to find them

      How come on the two spaces and a slash, do you know?

      Now I will add back in the arcane stuff -- =^?[(T=O;S=M;F="asp files
      (*.asp)|*.asp") and see what imact it has, but it works fine as above. I
      even figured out where to add "ENTER."

      What does the TequalsO and SequalsM and all that do, anyhoo?

      thanks,
      Mike
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
        Hi Michael,

        > 1) In netscape, to see http://127.0.0.1/foo/foobar.asp in the location bar

        If that is what you need, then the SetClipboard line needs to be:

        ^!SetClipboard http://127.0.0.1^%Virtual%

        > What is happening: Netscape is loading just fine, but it adds some
        > characters or something so that this clip line:

        You did not check for hard line breaks added in the mail underneath
        where it said "; long line..." :)

        This is one line:
        ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=O;F="HTML Files|*.*htm*;*.asp;*.css")Local path to html type file=]

        Melikes to not show everything in the folder (although all I have is html
        in the one I'm testing). <g>

        c ya,
        Jody

        The whole world doth err save you
        and me and even thou doest err some!

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/mm
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
          Hi Michael,

          > ^!Set %Path%= /127.0.0.1/^?[file]
          >
          > note that I have to add two spaces and one of the slashes. If I
          > don't add any info for the 'file' part of the prompt, this
          > produces http://127.0.0.1/and that will load the home page for
          > the web server; if I add other dir/filenames it will go sub
          > that to find them

          I thought the DNS would take you there, but I am completely lost
          on ASP files and what you need in the location field. I can put
          what you need in there once I know what you need. :)

          > How come on the two spaces and a slash, do you know?

          Huh?

          > I even figured out where to add "ENTER."

          Good for you. <g>

          > What does the TequalsO and SequalsM and all that do, anyhoo?

          In short, T=O says to Open and S=M says to look for multiple file
          types. In our Clip all file types other than the html specified
          are filtered out of the Open dialog or would I say the html types
          are filtered in. :)

          In other words, you only see the file types list in the prompt so
          you do not get all the other types making it harder to find what
          you really want. There is also the "All Files *.*" at the botton
          of the pull down should you want to display all of them.

          From help:

          Open file field:
          ^?[(T=O;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini")Prompt]

          Open multiple files field:
          ^?[(T=O;S=M;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini")Prompt]

          Save file field:
          ^?[(T=S;F="Text Files (*.txt;*.ini)|*.txt;*.ini")Prompt]

          HTML-tag field:
          ^?[(T=T;C=L/U;F="HTML Files|*.*htm*;*.asp;*.css")Prompt]
          or
          ^?[(T=T;F="Image Files|*.gif;*.jpg;*.jpeg")Prompt]

          Field to show in specific position:
          ^?[(nn)Prompt]

          Settings:

          Settings are always defined in parenthesis after the opening
          square bracket. The following settings are available:

          nn Defines custom order in which fields must be displayed in the
          Wizard; this option setting must always be the first.
          H Height of field in number of lines; only used by memo and
          listbox fields.
          M mask placed between quotes (see [Clip Language - Masked Input
          Fields] for a list of mask characters ).
          F File filter; only used by the Open/Save file and HTML-tag
          fields.
          C L or U tag is set in Lowercase or Uppercase; only used by HTML-
          tag fields.

          Happy HTMLin'!
          Jody

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Michael Gerholdt
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
            Jody:

            This works for me:

            ^!Set %Path%= /127.0.0.1/^?[file]
            ^!Set %EditPath%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^%Path%";False;False)$
            ^!Set %Virtual%=^$StrDelete("^%EditPath%";1;2)$
            ^!SetClipboard http:/^%Virtual%
            ^!Set %Browser%=^?[Browser==Internet Explorer|Netscape|Opera]

            ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Internet Explorer" EXPLORER
            ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Netscape" NETSCAPE
            ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Opera" OPERA

            and et cetera.

            It does not allow browsing to grab the file to be served/viewed.

            I don't understand all the clip jargon, but there needs to be a distinction
            made between where NoteTab clip can browse for the file name (that physical
            path) and the virtual path. I've tried to explain it but perhaps not well.

            The actual path may be c:/inetpub/wwwroot/fsa/book.asp

            What the clipneeds to throw in the location bar then is
            http://127.0.0.1/fsa/book.asp

            because it sees c:/inetpub/wwwroot/ as the starting point

            so we have to deal with Notetab finding and grabbing the path/filename.ext
            SUB to wwwroot, and append that to http://127.0.0.1/

            need to find physical with the clip, then strip the physical path to the
            virtual root dir that PWS uses, then append the remainder.

            maybe this is a place to use one of those permanent variables that would
            store the path to the virtual root, and thereby know what to strip from the
            path when you go browse for a file.

            am I confusing things or making them less clear, which? :)

            The T=O and that can be added back later, but not until this distinction
            between physical and virtual paths is built into the clip.

            For now I am just typing in any filename for a file in wwwroot, or the
            dir/filename for any dir/file sub wwwroot

            Mike
          • Tom Thomas
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
              At 09:06 PM 8/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
              >Hi Tom,
              >
              >> I use Notetab to make up all my asp and CF pages and test them
              >> out on my machine here first, then upload them to the website
              >> via FTP.
              >
              >So, will the Clip I sent work for you?
              >
              >Happy HTMLin'!

              Jody

              Actually I don't use clips all that much. What I like about Notetab is it's
              ability to have several files open at the same time and switch between any
              of them. This afternoon I made 25 web pages. Once I have a template
              developed it's just a matter of copy/paste. With asp and cf you can make
              include files, files that are common to each page.

              For instance: <!-- #include file="header.asp" -->

              The header file has 53 lines of code. If I ever want to change how my
              headers look, all I have to do change the header file and every page is
              automatically updated. Same thing with a footer file.

              The body of the page is mostly inserting <P> in front of each paragraph.
              Again I find that copy/paste using ctrl-V and the arrow down key is a whole
              lot faster.

              Thinking back on what I did this afternoon there is one clip that I did use
              quite a bit. That was one where insert a web address and the HREF and stuff
              is done out.

              Tom Thomas
              Brite-Way Publishing
              Stationary, envelopes, business cards. Order online at:
              http://www.window-cleaning-center.com/bwpub
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 16, 1999
                Hi Michael,

                > What the clipneeds to throw in the location bar then is
                > http://127.0.0.1/fsa/book.asp

                I think this is what you are looking for, but for the life of me
                cannot figure out why the url is getting pasted into the open
                document when it should just be setting the clipboard. Once
                variable %Virtual% is set I can click on a clip with only
                ^!SetClipboard http://127.0.0.1^%Virtual% in it and it is pasted
                into the doc. Strange. Is that happening on your machine?

                H=Another ASP Thingie
                ; 08-16-1999, Ntb-html@..., Jody
                ^!Set %OnLine%=^?[Where do you want to go today? haha==_Online^=1|NoWhere^=]
                ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=O;F="HTML Files|*.*htm*;*.asp;*.css")Path to local drive asp file]
                ^!Set %Browser%=^?[Browser==Internet Explorer|_Netscape|Opera]

                ^!Set %EditPath%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^%Path%";False;False)$
                ^!Set %Virtual%=^$StrDelete("^%EditPath%";1;2)$

                ^!IfTrue ^%OnLine% Skip_2
                ^!SetClipboard http:/^%Virtual%
                ^!Goto Skip
                ^!SetClipboard http://127.0.0.1^%Virtual%

                ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Internet Explorer" EXPLORER
                ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Netscape" NETSCAPE
                ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Opera" OPERA

                :EXPLORER

                ; Checks to see if app is open, opens if not, else goes to focus label.
                ^!IfAppOpen *Microsoft Internet Explorer FocusIE
                ^!"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

                ; Loops till app is in focus.
                ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Internet Explorer
                ^!Delay 1
                ^!IfAppOpen *Microsoft Internet Explorer Next Else Skip_-2

                :FocusIE
                ; Tells NoteTab to focus the app. All characters before "*" are wild.
                ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Internet Explorer

                ; The delay, &100, is there to allow time for the keyboard
                ; command to give you focus on the address field. It may
                ; not be needed on fast machines, but might have to be
                ; lengthened on slower ones. I left the Enter out at the
                ; end of the Keyboard line till you know if it works.
                ^!Keyboard Alt+D &100 Ctrl+V
                ^!Goto End

                :NETSCAPE

                ^!IfAppOpen Netscape FocusNet
                ^!"C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe"

                :LoopNet
                ^!SetHintInfo It's ^$GetDate(ddd)$ the ^$GetDate(dd)$, ^$GetDate(hh:nn:ss)$
                ^!FocusApp Netscape
                ^!Delay 1
                ^!IfAppOpen Netscape Next Else LoopNet

                :FocusNet