RE: [NH] HTMLib, htmlhelp.com, Other References (was re: learning)

    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 5, 2001
      Hi Greg,

      >> Perhaps you all can send the references you use with links and
      >> say a short paragraph about it. I will then compile them and
      >> make a post with them all together.
      >
      >At http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/ you'll find

      Thanks guy, I'll file it in my ntb-HTML mailbox and see if we get
      some more takers. :) I did finally get the html version of the 4.0. :)

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 28 , Jan 5, 2001
        Hi Lotta,

        > If you want to try if the program runs without
        > installation, just holler and I'll send you the .exe and the
        > accompanying .dll.

        I forgot to say "Yes, please" to that, but aren't I picking up that it needs the
        VBasic runtime (which I don't have installed) to work and isn't that what makes
        up the additional megabytes? If so I won't bother.

        Greg
      • Grant
        Message 3 of 28 , Jan 5, 2001
          Here's a clip you might be interested in.
          Usingfull for checking for wellformedness in xml,
          You can parse xhtml and as xml if wellformed, so handy for xhtml docs also.
          Basically if the doc is parsed without errors it can be parsed as xml.
          The errors generate the reason for the parse failure, line number, text etc
          which is usefull for debugging(um I don't think you 'debug' xml), then takes
          you directly to the text in question in the doc.
          I tried it with a few typo's like <el attrib=" >(missed comma) and seemed to
          do a better job than 'tidy' in finding this error plus it takes you directly
          to the parse error in the doc . If you find it usefull place it on your
          clipbar.

          h=xhtmlLoader
          ^!Set %file%="^$GetScriptPath$xhtmlLoader.js"
          ^!Set %arg%="^$GetDocName$"
          ^!TextToFile "^%file%" ^$GetClipText(xhtmlDOM)$
          ;get rid of logo
          ^!Set %hostOptions%=^$StrFill(/;2)$nologo
          ;escape file
          ^!set %arg%=^$StrReplace(\;\\;^%arg%;True;False)$
          ^!setArray %CscriptOut%=^$GetOutput(Cscript "^%file%" "^%hostOptions%"
          "^%arg%")$
          ^!IFTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%CscriptOut%")$ ^!info "Parsed as wellformed xml"
          ^!IFTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%CscriptOut%")$ Exit
          ^!set %msg%=^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut1%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%Parse error
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut2%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%occurred on line
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%TAB%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut3%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%character position within the line
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%TAB%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut4%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%Text of the line containing the error
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut5%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%^%NL%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%REASON FOR THE ERROR
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%^%NL%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%CscriptOut6%
          ^!set %msg%=^%msg%^%NL%^%NL%^%NL%
          ^!info ^%msg%
          ^!Find "^%CscriptOut5" CIWS

          H=_xhtmlDOM
          //load xml
          var doc = new ActiveXObject("microsoft.xmldom");
          doc.validateOnParse = false;
          var ok = true
          doc.onreadystatechange = CheckState;
          doc.resolveExternals = false;