Re: [NH] Form Post

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 15, 2000
      Hi mindspring,

      >I would like to see that clip once you get it down.

      No problem, but I need to get past the first step first. NoteTab
      scripting is a piece of cake for me, but when I read, "When the
      ACTION attribute is set to an HTTP URL, the METHOD attribute must
      be set to an HTTP method as defined by the HTTP method
      specification in the IETF draft HTTP standard. The default METHOD
      is GET, although for many applications, the POST method may be
      preferred. With the post method, the ENCTYPE attribute is a MIME
      type specifying the format of the posted data; by default, is
      application/x-www-form-urlencoded." I am lost.

      I have a <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="mailto:Jody@...">
      working no problem, but when I studied this stuff 3-4 years ago I
      was under the impression that METHOD=GET was better, bug cgi
      access was needed. OK, so now I have cgi access, but don't know
      where to go from there without hours and hours of research.

      Does anybody have an example of <FORM METHOD=GET ... ?

      >> Me thinks I will go with a simple web form and write a script
      >> in NoteTab that will calculate, reformat, and send a post to
      >> the person all with a single click.

      http://www.notetab.net

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...