[NH] Opening ASP Files

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 1999
      Hi All,

      I am told that if one sets his browser or something for a virtual
      address that a .asp file can be viewed off a local hard drive if
      the path is in http://drive/ptha/format/file.asp If so, and if
      any of you do such a thing I thought you might like to try this.
      I do not know if it will work. haha. Notes are in the first part
      of the script. Opera is not done, because I do not have it
      installed and do not know the keyboard shortcut to get to the
      location/address field.

      H=Launch ASP File
      ; 08-14-1999, Ntb-html@... Jody
      ; long line follows...
      ^!Set %Path%=^?[(T=O;S=M;F="asp files (*.asp)|*.asp")Path to local drive asp file=G:\Sites\MySites\notetab\html\]
      ^!Set %EditPath%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^%Path%";False;False)$
      ^!Set %Virtual%=^$StrDelete("^%EditPath%";1;2)$
      ^!SetClipboard http:/^%Virtual%
      ^!Set %Browser%=^?[Browser==Internet Explorer|Netscape|Opera]

      ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Internet Explorer" EXPLORER
      ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Netscape" NETSCAPE
      ^!IfSame "^%Browser%" "Opera" OPERA

      :EXPLORER
      ; Checks to see if app is open. If true, goes to focus label.
      ^!IfAppOpen *Microsoft Internet Explorer FocusIE
      ^!"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

      ; Checks to see if app is open. If not, loops till it is.
      ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Internet Explorer
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfAppOpen *Microsoft Internet Explorer FocusIE Else Skip_-2

      :FocusIE
      ; Tells NoteTab to focus the app. All chracters before "*" are wild.
      ^!FocusApp *Microsoft Internet Explorer
      ; The delay, &50/&20, is there to allow time for the keyboard
      ; command to give you focus on the address field. It may
      ; not be needed on fast machines, but might have to be
      ; lengthened on the old worn out ones.
      ^!Keyboard Alt+D &50 Ctrl+V &20 Enter
      ^!Goto End

      :NETSCAPE
      ^!IfAppOpen Netscape FocusNet
      ^!"C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe"

      :LoopNet
      ^!SetHintInfo It's ^$GetDate(ddd)$ the ^$GetDate(dd)$, ^$GetDate(hh:nn:ss)$
      ^!FocusApp Netscape
      ^!Delay 1
      ^!IfAppOpen Netscape FocusNet Else LoopNet

      :FocusNet
      ^!FocusApp Netscape
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Tab &100 Ctrl+V &20 Enter
      ^!Goto End

      :OPERA
      ^!FocusApp Opera

      Happy HTMLin'!
      Jody

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 1999
        08/14/1999 4:13 PM Jody wrote
        > Opera is not done, because I do not have it installed and
        > do not know the keyboard shortcut to get to the
        > location/address field.

        F8

        Isn't an asp file VB Script for IE?

        --- Grandma Kay ---
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 1999
          Hi Kay,

          > F8
          > Isn't an asp file VB Script for IE?

          All this stuff is way over my head. I do understand F8 though, thanks! :)
          I downloaded Opera and will try it out again once I install it.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner