Re: [NH] 6 weeks in

  • Stephen Riddle
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
      Hi Lloyd,
      I believe you are doing fine. The site is legible, and looks better than what
      I was doing six weeks into HTML.
      (But I like lots and lots and lots of bright flashy colors.)

      Since you ask about critique, I will mention two things I noticed. (I have
      sites out there I have not fixed this on yet, so don't feel like I'm telling
      you you have to change anything.)
      One is that the navigation is not very obvious ( the link that says "back") It
      is down at the bottom and not visible until I scroll down to it. Your site
      looks good and balanced the way it is now, but when you get ready to do a
      re-lay think about putting navigation in a grab the user by the nose place.
      The other is that you do not use closing tags for your list items. This could
      be a problem for cutting edge browsers. Ok. I just opened it up in Netscape 6,
      and it seems to be the pickiest of the lot. It is not a problem for it, but .
      . .
      Any way, the site looks good, I can tell you have changed it. Keep it up,
      Stephen
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
        Hi Stephen,

        I had been thinking about the "back" thing. Actually, I had been looking
        for a graphic I could make into a button that would be more noticeable,
        some of the current colors make it not noticeable at all at times.

        I hadn't though about the closing tags. I just made it like my lessons had
        said. I do remember the big discussion a short time back about the closing
        tags. Most of them would be relatively easy to put in with "search and
        replace".

        >One is that the navigation is not very obvious ( the link that says
        >"back") It
        >is down at the bottom and not visible until I scroll down to it. Your site
        >looks good and balanced the way it is now, but when you get ready to do a
        >re-lay think about putting navigation in a grab the user by the nose place.
        >The other is that you do not use closing tags for your list items. This could
        >be a problem for cutting edge browsers. Ok. I just opened it up in Netscape 6,
        >and it seems to be the pickiest of the lot. It is not a problem for it, but .

        Lloyd

        http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

        http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/resedit/1693

        http://lloyd222.nav.to/

        http://nav.to/lloyd222
      • Stephen Riddle
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
          Hi Lloyd,
          You might try CSS for the back button. It is very low band-width and works
          reasonably well with all version four and above browsers. There's tricks to it
          though. Lemme know if I can be know-it-all about it.
          Stephen