Re: Links for Perl Tutorials ....

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2000
      Hi Alan :

      I went to this Link and it has every language you might want ....
      http://www.progsharehouse.com/index.pl

      Also found the next ... but I am so spread thin right now I have
      not had the time to evaluate ...

      http://wdvl.internet.com/Authoring/Tutorials/

      still searching for a nuts and bolts pure design class
      probably no such animals .. I did notice that it appears
      that Perl is losing ground ... against Javascript ... must
      be the complexity of Unix ... or the attitude ... I hate to see
      that perl really is not all that complicated once you get used
      to dealing with Unix ... file permissions and directory rules ...
      case sensitive ...

      Bill
    • Piotr Bienkowski
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hi,

        > I did notice that it appears
        > that Perl is losing ground ... against Javascript

        If you (generic you not "you" you :) ) try to use Perl for what JS is
        better at, then sure Perl will lose. But IMO perl is better at
        handling forms, a Javascript form will open the clients mail program,
        while perl will use the server side cgi script without burdening the
        user with additional clicking / keying. Both javascript and perl can
        be used for XML but each for different aspects of it.

        "Don't fix a tractor with a chisel" as was done in communist Poland
        :).

        Piotr