RE: [NH] RE: New CSS libraries

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hi Grant,

      > >Actually this can be done by a clip but Jody pointed out , when i
      > >did this once that it was bad manners to change someone elses
      > >default extension via a clip.
      >
      > Did I say that? :) I suppose I did say something to that effect,
      > but I would add if I did not say it back then that I am all for
      > getting the users settings first, change them to what you need,
      > and then change them back to the original at the end of the Clip.

      I wasn't thinking about altering user _defaults_. It's just that Eric's "New
      Web Page" clip in the standard HTML library causes the file extension for that
      _document only_ to change to .htm, so neatly switching on the syntax
      highlighting. I just expected the same approach in your clip.

      Greg
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 4, 2000
        Hi Greg,

        >> I am all for getting the users settings first, change them to
        >> what you need, and then change them back to the original at the
        >> end of the Clip.
        >
        >I wasn't thinking about altering user _defaults_. It's just that
        >Eric's "New Web Page" clip in the standard HTML library causes
        >the file extension for that _document only_ to change to .htm, so
        >neatly switching on the syntax highlighting. I just expected the
        >same approach in your clip.

        Eric uses a template for that and the ".htm" setting is set on
        the first line of the HTML.tpl file:

        = DocTemplate ClipCode "Home%0.3d.htm"

        I normally just use a ^!Save:As myself. I have never used templates
        other than to play with them. My Clips are my templates the way I
        see it. :) I know some folk are sold on templates and they do have
        an advantage or two from what I heard (and forgot).

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...