RE: [NH] CSS2 - @page

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      > I've been experimenting with CSS2 and its paged media facility -
      > but I can't get
      > it to work in MSIE v5.0. (I suppose I could be doing something
      > wrong, though
      > every other aspect of style sheets that I've used works as expected.)
      >
      > Can anyone confirm that it's one of the functions not supported
      > in Internet
      > Explorer yet. Does v5.5 support it?

      Yes iie5.5 does and I think also 5 does also.
      ns6 of course supports it.
      Next time how about posting a code snippet of what you are trying to achieve
      so we have got something to work on.

      Try this html page below.

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <head>
      @media print{
      #scrn{
      display: none
      }
      }
      @media screen{
      #prnt{
      display: none
      }
      }

      <title></title>
      </head>

    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
        Hi G& G,

        >> Can anyone confirm that it's one of the functions not supported
        >> in Internet Explorer yet. Does v5.5 support i

        >Yes iie5.5 does and I think also 5 does also.
        >ns6 of course supports it.

        That was neat. Must read up on CSS2, I think. Anyway, I can confirm that
        @media works with IE5 and also with Opera if of interest.

        Lotta
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
          Hi Grant,

          > Try this html page below.

          Right! I can see what that's trying to do, and if Lotta says it works in
          MSIEv5.0 I'll not bother to test it myself.

          However, what I was trying to achieve was simply to add the necessary CSS2
          statements to an HTML file so that when they are printed I can ensure that where
          appropriate headings are kept with subsequent paragraphs and do not have page
          breaks between them and graphics do not become split across pages.

          I'm sure I must have rushed my first attempt and done something very stupid!

          Greg