CSS2 - @page

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hi Gang!

      I've been experimenting with CSS2 and its paged media facility - but I can't get
      it to work in MSIE v5.0. (I suppose I could be doing something wrong, though
      every other aspect of style sheets that I've used works as expected.)

      Can anyone confirm that it's one of the functions not supported in Internet
      Explorer yet. Does v5.5 support it?

      Greg
    • Grant
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
        > I've been experimenting with CSS2 and its paged media facility -
        > but I can't get
        > it to work in MSIE v5.0. (I suppose I could be doing something
        > wrong, though
        > every other aspect of style sheets that I've used works as expected.)
        >
        > Can anyone confirm that it's one of the functions not supported
        > in Internet
        > Explorer yet. Does v5.5 support it?

        Yes iie5.5 does and I think also 5 does also.
        ns6 of course supports it.
        Next time how about posting a code snippet of what you are trying to achieve
        so we have got something to work on.

        Try this html page below.

        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <head>
        @media print{
        #scrn{
        display: none
        }
        }
        @media screen{
        #prnt{
        display: none
        }
        }

        <title></title>
        </head>

      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 3, 2000
          Hi G& G,

          >> Can anyone confirm that it's one of the functions not supported
          >> in Internet Explorer yet. Does v5.5 support i

          >Yes iie5.5 does and I think also 5 does also.
          >ns6 of course supports it.

          That was neat. Must read up on CSS2, I think. Anyway, I can confirm that
          @media works with IE5 and also with Opera if of interest.

          Lotta
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2000
            Hi Grant,

            > Try this html page below.

            Right! I can see what that's trying to do, and if Lotta says it works in
            MSIEv5.0 I'll not bother to test it myself.

            However, what I was trying to achieve was simply to add the necessary CSS2
            statements to an HTML file so that when they are printed I can ensure that where
            appropriate headings are kept with subsequent paragraphs and do not have page
            breaks between them and graphics do not become split across pages.

            I'm sure I must have rushed my first attempt and done something very stupid!

            Greg