[NH] Re: Off Topic HTML question ...??

  • Carl Swann
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4 11:11 AM
      Bill Scott wrote:

      > Hi :
      > How can I
      > pup-lisize my page without spamming
      > lists ...??

      Hi Bill... Just got in to check the e-mails... Grandma Kay's advice on
      e-zines is good. You might also want to consider "link-swapping" with
      other sites... not those which would compete with you, but rather
      those that address viewers whose interests are *parallel* to your
      pups. For instance, online veterinary sites... pet sites in general...
      G-rated sites for children... family-oriented sites... home-hints
      sites (training puppies = fewer "accidents")...
      From another direction, I'd suggest creating a simple "query letter"
      (using a NTB template, of course ;-) ... and in 2-3 paragraphs tell
      who you are, your experience and your *availability* to be interviewed
      for a feature article on their site. You might even start with a
      "teaser" short e-mail that asks essentially the questions you ask on
      your <puppies.htm> page. Have them reply to you if they're interested
      in more details... THEN, send the query letter with your experience,
      etc...
      Send these to the FEATURES EDITOR c/o the Webmaster@......
      What you're doing is positioning yourself as an *available expert* in
      this field -- all they'd need to do to get a great article is to have
      one of their writers contact you for an e-mail (telephone is better)
      interview. You're offering them a dynamite topic and an expert
      interview... it's a no-brainer that any webmaster would jump at!

      My own background is Advertising/Marketing/Communications... believe
      me, if an editor gets an interesting, ready-made story for free, they
      love it. Try it, and let me know how it goes!

      FWIW <no criticism intended> there are four misspelled words on your
      <puppies.htm> page... which tends to de-emphasize what's an otherwise
      compelling sales job. Would you like me to look over your pages with
      what my wife calls "his accursed eagle's eye"? No charge (unless there
      are dozens & dozens of pages... then you could treat me to a pint or
      two across the big water)... ;-)

      oOOo-(_)-oOOo
    • Bill Scott
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8 8:18 AM
        Hi All:
        I like to change small portions of code when working on my website .. and I use
        ws_ftple.exe to do this .... My question is how do you set the time out to not
        time out is this possible ... in other words ... stay connected until I close
        the connection...

        I have some of the ws_ftp clips but I prefer to do one page at a time ...

        Happy Stockdoggin ......

        Bill *||:>)
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8 9:51 AM
          Hi Bill,

          > My question is how do you set the time out to not time out is
          > this possible ... in other words ... stay connected until I
          > close the connection...

          That is an ISP setting to the best of my knowledge.

          > I have some of the ws_ftp clips but I prefer to do one page at
          > a time ...

          That is the way I do it in NoteTab and just run a one clicker to
          upload it in the background while I contiune working.

          c ya,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.