[NH] Re: Off Topic HTML question ...??

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999
      Hi :
      I hope this is alright I think I remember Jody saying since this is low
      volumne we could be a little looser ... I am writing a puppy training page
      tutorial ... for a broader market than before ... My hits for stockdogs are
      at 200 - 300 per day .. not bad for such a narrow market ... How can I
      pup-lisize my page without spamming
      lists ...?? I have Webposition which helps with search engines and I have a
      classified thing which gets no results ... just other peoples ads ... any
      one have any tricks they want to share ... ?? I have tried all the obvious
      approachs ...
      Allot of people have puppies or young dogs that drive them crazy ... my info
      comes from 25 years expereince ... but how do I get it to a broader market I
      don't like selling anything to some one I prefer to have them chase me ...
      <BG>

      http://www.stockdogsaction.com/OTHER/puppies.htm

      Happy Stockdoggin ......

      Bill *||:>)
    • Carl Swann
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999
        Bill Scott wrote:

        > Hi :
        > How can I
        > pup-lisize my page without spamming
        > lists ...??

        Hi Bill... Just got in to check the e-mails... Grandma Kay's advice on
        e-zines is good. You might also want to consider "link-swapping" with
        other sites... not those which would compete with you, but rather
        those that address viewers whose interests are *parallel* to your
        pups. For instance, online veterinary sites... pet sites in general...
        G-rated sites for children... family-oriented sites... home-hints
        sites (training puppies = fewer "accidents")...
        From another direction, I'd suggest creating a simple "query letter"
        (using a NTB template, of course ;-) ... and in 2-3 paragraphs tell
        who you are, your experience and your *availability* to be interviewed
        for a feature article on their site. You might even start with a
        "teaser" short e-mail that asks essentially the questions you ask on
        your <puppies.htm> page. Have them reply to you if they're interested
        in more details... THEN, send the query letter with your experience,
        etc...
        Send these to the FEATURES EDITOR c/o the Webmaster@......
        What you're doing is positioning yourself as an *available expert* in
        this field -- all they'd need to do to get a great article is to have
        one of their writers contact you for an e-mail (telephone is better)
        interview. You're offering them a dynamite topic and an expert
        interview... it's a no-brainer that any webmaster would jump at!

        My own background is Advertising/Marketing/Communications... believe
        me, if an editor gets an interesting, ready-made story for free, they
        love it. Try it, and let me know how it goes!

        FWIW <no criticism intended> there are four misspelled words on your
        <puppies.htm> page... which tends to de-emphasize what's an otherwise
        compelling sales job. Would you like me to look over your pages with
        what my wife calls "his accursed eagle's eye"? No charge (unless there
        are dozens & dozens of pages... then you could treat me to a pint or
        two across the big water)... ;-)

        oOOo-(_)-oOOo
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999
          08/04/1999 8:51 AM Bill Scott wrote
          > ... How can I pup-lisize my page without spamming lists
          > ...??

          Have you looked for ezines about dogs? It's OK to include
          info about your site & what you do when you write an article
          for an ezine & most publishers accept article submissions.

          Most mailing lists allow a small sig but any message should
          be relevant to the list & not just an advertisement.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 1999
              Hi Bill,

              > My question is how do you set the time out to not time out is
              > this possible ... in other words ... stay connected until I
              > close the connection...

              That is an ISP setting to the best of my knowledge.

              > I have some of the ws_ftp clips but I prefer to do one page at
              > a time ...

              That is the way I do it in NoteTab and just run a one clicker to
              upload it in the background while I contiune working.

              c ya,
              jody

              I can only please one person a day.
              Today is obviously not your day.