- Hi : I hope this is alright I think I remember Jody saying since this is low volumne we could be a little looser ... I am writing a puppy training pageMessage 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999View SourceHi :
I hope this is alright I think I remember Jody saying since this is low
volumne we could be a little looser ... I am writing a puppy training page
tutorial ... for a broader market than before ... My hits for stockdogs are
at 200 - 300 per day .. not bad for such a narrow market ... How can I
pup-lisize my page without spamming
lists ...?? I have Webposition which helps with search engines and I have a
classified thing which gets no results ... just other peoples ads ... any
one have any tricks they want to share ... ?? I have tried all the obvious
Allot of people have puppies or young dogs that drive them crazy ... my info
comes from 25 years expereince ... but how do I get it to a broader market I
don't like selling anything to some one I prefer to have them chase me ...
Happy Stockdoggin ......
- ... Hi Bill... Just got in to check the e-mails... Grandma Kay s advice on e-zines is good. You might also want to consider link-swapping with otherMessage 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999View SourceBill Scott wrote:
>Hi Bill... Just got in to check the e-mails... Grandma Kay's advice on
> Hi :
> How can I
> pup-lisize my page without spamming
> lists ...??
e-zines is good. You might also want to consider "link-swapping" with
other sites... not those which would compete with you, but rather
those that address viewers whose interests are *parallel* to your
pups. For instance, online veterinary sites... pet sites in general...
G-rated sites for children... family-oriented sites... home-hints
sites (training puppies = fewer "accidents")...
From another direction, I'd suggest creating a simple "query letter"
(using a NTB template, of course ;-) ... and in 2-3 paragraphs tell
who you are, your experience and your *availability* to be interviewed
for a feature article on their site. You might even start with a
"teaser" short e-mail that asks essentially the questions you ask on
your <puppies.htm> page. Have them reply to you if they're interested
in more details... THEN, send the query letter with your experience,
Send these to the FEATURES EDITOR c/o the Webmaster@......
What you're doing is positioning yourself as an *available expert* in
this field -- all they'd need to do to get a great article is to have
one of their writers contact you for an e-mail (telephone is better)
interview. You're offering them a dynamite topic and an expert
interview... it's a no-brainer that any webmaster would jump at!
My own background is Advertising/Marketing/Communications... believe
me, if an editor gets an interesting, ready-made story for free, they
love it. Try it, and let me know how it goes!
FWIW <no criticism intended> there are four misspelled words on your
<puppies.htm> page... which tends to de-emphasize what's an otherwise
compelling sales job. Would you like me to look over your pages with
what my wife calls "his accursed eagle's eye"? No charge (unless there
are dozens & dozens of pages... then you could treat me to a pint or
two across the big water)... ;-)
||||| Carl Swann, Kingsport TN
(o o) "Starting slow, and coasting downhill from there"
- 08/04/1999 8:51 AM Bill Scott wrote ... Have you looked for ezines about dogs? It s OK to include info about your site & what you do when you write an articleMessage 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 1999View Source08/04/1999 8:51 AM Bill Scott wrote
> ... How can I pup-lisize my page without spamming listsHave you looked for ezines about dogs? It's OK to include
info about your site & what you do when you write an article
for an ezine & most publishers accept article submissions.
Most mailing lists allow a small sig but any message should
be relevant to the list & not just an advertisement.
--- Grandma Kay ---
- Hi All: I like to change small portions of code when working on my website .. and I use ws_ftple.exe to do this .... My question is how do you set the time outMessage 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 1999View SourceHi All:
I like to change small portions of code when working on my website .. and I use
ws_ftple.exe to do this .... My question is how do you set the time out to not
time out is this possible ... in other words ... stay connected until I close
I have some of the ws_ftp clips but I prefer to do one page at a time ...
Happy Stockdoggin ......
- Hi Bill, ... That is an ISP setting to the best of my knowledge. ... That is the way I do it in NoteTab and just run a one clicker to upload it in theMessage 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 1999View SourceHi Bill,
> My question is how do you set the time out to not time out isThat is an ISP setting to the best of my knowledge.
> this possible ... in other words ... stay connected until I
> close the connection...
> I have some of the ws_ftp clips but I prefer to do one page atThat is the way I do it in NoteTab and just run a one clicker to
> a time ...
upload it in the background while I contiune working.
I can only please one person a day.
Today is obviously not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D