[NH] Re: Frames .... how do I ...??

  • bob@newsome.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 1999
      <37a78761.b612b2-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=129
      > Actually I found the _top tag here ...
      >
      > http://www.newbie.net/sharky/frames/4/6.htm
      >
      > Happy Stockdoggin ......
      >
      > Bill *||:>)

      Actually _top is not a tag, it is a location (or object) to which a
      tags attribute points. when you want to replace the contents of a frame
      you can designate the location by using the target attribute, such as:

      It is easy to see this line of html will cause the word WELCOME to
      become a hyperlink to load the home.htm page. The target attribute will
      cause that page to be loaded into the frame designated as "main." If
      you are not working with a frameset with a defined "main" frame you
      will receive an error. The page you spoke of above listed reserved
      window objects that exist in all frame cases wether you have defined a
      frameset or not.

      As the page also indicated "target" can be used to designate an
      alternative window to recieve the content.

      I have never seen the designator _top used as you have shown in
      because "target" is not an attribute of frame or frameset.

      bob newsome
    • bob@newsome.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3, 1999
        <37a60dcc.3e56647-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html/?start=116
        > Hi All:
        > I have a frames question ... how do I get the following page to
        > call a scrolling page inside the red dots ? here is the page ...
        >
        > http://www.stockdogsaction.com/OTHER/articles_index.html
        >
        > Bill

        I have built a strawman of what I beleive you are lookng for, take a
        look and try the left hand links at:

        http://1wh.com/newsome/stockdogs/

        Let me know if this helps you along.

        bob newsome
      • bob@newsome.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 1999
          From my earlier posting:

          > . . .If you are not working with a frameset with a defined "main"
          > frame you will receive an error . . .

          I was in error here myself. This would just bring up a new browser
          window named "main."

          bob
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 1999
            bob@... wrote:

            > >From my earlier posting:
            >
            > > . . .If you are not working with a frameset with a defined "main"
            > > frame you will receive an error . . .
            >
            > I was in error here myself. This would just bring up a new browser
            > window named "main."
            >
            > bob

            Hi Bob and Jody:

            This is what I found ... (might not be proper but is less complicated)
            the frame src tag i.e. <FRAME SRC="lesson0.htm" NAME="main" frameborder=1
            border=0 TARGET="_top"> TARGET="_top" tag cause the prior frames to be
            dropped and the new frame1.htm to be loaded ... I think that this works if
            you are going to another site but have not fully tested it myself just know
            that it stops the frames from following to the next hyperlink ...

            Bill