[NH] Re: html tutorials

  • Kevin A. Krall
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 29 3:15 AM
      In regards to the comments by Nicole and Jody I couldn't agree with you guys
      more completely ...

      > > But given the choice to use notetab or frontpage only, I would
      > > choose Notetab: You should really learn HTML basics, otherwise
      > > a wysiwiw editor (what you see is what I want) drives you nuts.

      The key is to really learn HTML, CSS, and some cut & paste Javascript...with
      that knowledge than regardless of the tool you can code the page...WYSIWYG
      editors don't really help you learn HTML and that is where most people get
      "stuck" because they don't understand what's happening "behind the
      scenes"...

      > Exactly, you get it the way *they* want it. Surely, Homesite,
      > Frontpage, etc. have some advanced features NoteTab doesn't, but
      > I wouldn't have anything to use them on if I did have them.
      > Others do and need those editors for that purpose. If they use
      > NoteTab though, from what I hear, it is their default html
      > editor.

      True (for me anyway)....even though I have the "Top Guns" according to
      popularity, NoteTab Pro is my "editor of choice" because of all the
      customization and templates you can make with it. I actually recieved Front
      Page 98 for the Christmas of 1997, I didn't open it until I really had to
      (customer), and that was about 5 months ago...;-). Given that each software
      application is different and made to do different things it's good to have
      the ability to work with a few different ones as much as you can, using the
      best they offer according to what you need at the particular time...

      Kevin