Re: [NH] Time to get rid of your frustration

  • Marco Bernardini
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 13, 2000

      Alle 08.43 Monday 13/11/2000 +0000, ntb-html@egroups.com ha mandato a Marco
      questo messaggio:

      > 1. Time to get rid of your frustration
      > From: Lloyd <lloyd2@...>

      Good job!
      And it's hard to hear this from me :-)
      If you need suggestions, here are some:
      - set the background of the main right page to a color like the average
      background, to avoid flashes between white and tan.
      - use a bold non-serif font (Arial, Helvetica) on the right page: is more
      readable on that background
      - if you need a "Back" link just like the browser button use this one:
      <A HREF="javascript:history.back()">

      BTW, do you have some recipes with olives as main flavour for my site?

      Bye!

      Marco Bernardini
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 13, 2000
        Hi Marco,

        ***** Clarification please. Do you mean set a color first then the tile or
        in place of the tile?
        ***** I don't know anything about javascript(yet) but I have a book on order.

        ***** A search is on as I write this.

        >BTW, do you have some recipes with olives as main flavour for my site?
        >
        >Marco Bernardini

        Lloyd
      • phil
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 13, 2000
          Lloyd,

          I live in an area that has one only grocery store. They have
          green onions, but no Culantro/Cilantro (is there a difference?)

          What is Achiote?

          Are there substitutes for them?

          Boonies Phil

          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 13, 2000
            Hi Phil,

            Here in Alabama we are fortunate enough to have Cilantro. That is actually
            the plant of the coriander (coriandrum sativum). A few years ago we bought
            a couple of plants of Culantro (eryngium foetidum) from Companion Plants
            their url is: http://www.frognet.net/cplants/cart/em-ez.htm They are not
            the same. We have to bring in some of the plants during the winter but we
            are still doing fine with the original couple of plants. Where it takes 1
            cup of chopped cilantro, 3 or 4 leaves of Culantro will do fine. The flavor
            is similar.

            Achiote is usually bought in the latin American market. It is made from the
            annatto seed. To make achiote(annatto oil): Mix 1/2 cup annatto seed and 1
            cup veg. oil. Simmer 10 minutes, strain out seeds, refrigerate.

            The annatto seed can be bought from Penzeys Spice. Their url is:
            http://www.penzeys.com

            I do not know of any substitute for them.

            Lloyd
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            >Lloyd,
            >
            >I live in an area that has one only grocery store. They have
            >green onions, but no Culantro/Cilantro (is there a difference?)
            >
            >What is Achiote?
            >
            >Are there substitutes for them?
            >
            >Boonies Phil
          • Dart Chris
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 13, 2000
              This code is way too deep for me !

              Chris Dart

              > My error. The address should not have the www in it. Old habits are hard
              > loose. The correct URL is:
              > http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm
              <http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm> That should do better.

              eGroups Sponsor
              <http://click.egroups.com/1/9645/4/_/2799/_/974154537/>

              <http://adimg.egroups.com/img/9645/4/_/2799/_/974154537/TargetPets468x602F.g
              if>
            • Jim Beidle
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 14, 2000
                Wha..?

                Here in Alabama we are fortunate enough to have Cilantro. That is actually
                the plant of the coriander (coriandrum sativum). A few years ago we bought
                a couple of plants of Culantro (eryngium foetidum) from Companion Plants
                their url is: http://www.frognet.net/cplants/cart/em-ez.htm They are not
                the same. We have to bring in some of the plants during the winter but we
                are still doing fine with the original couple of plants. Where it takes 1
                cup of chopped cilantro, 3 or 4 leaves of Culantro will do fine. The flavor
                is similar.

                Achiote is usually bought in the latin American market. It is made from the
                annatto seed. To make achiote(annatto oil): Mix 1/2 cup annatto seed and 1
                cup veg. oil. Simmer 10 minutes, strain out seeds, refrigerate.

                The annatto seed can be bought from Penzeys Spice. Their url is:
                http://www.penzeys.com

                I do not know of any substitute for them.

                Lloyd
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                >Lloyd,
                >
                >I live in an area that has one only grocery store. They have
                >green onions, but no Culantro/Cilantro (is there a difference?)
                >
                >What is Achiote?
                >
                >Are there substitutes for them?
                >
                >Boonies Phil
              • phil
                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 14, 2000
                  Wha....? - - -What?

                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 14, 2000
                    Hi Jim, Lloyd, and Phil,

                    >Subject: Re: [NH] Time to get rid of your frustration

                    Could you please bring this to the OffTopic list or
                    private eMail. Thanks!

                    Happy Topics,
                    Jody

                    The NoteTab Off-Topic List