unsubscribe

  • ctm007
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 9, 2000
      From: Stephen Riddle
      To: ntb-html@egroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 1:42 AM
      Subject: Re: [NH] Embedding ... or is it?

      > Hi all,

      It's taking me a while. Lotta (jokingly, admitedly, but nevertheless)
      challenged me to write an all-browser, any object, any language, under any
      conditions. . . embedding clip.
      I thought it would be easy. O.K., I thought it would be a learning experience.
      Well it is tedious, but I am making head way.
      However I'm not done.
      For one thing, it is a small clip library.
      Since I'm trying to make this one clip do everything, for every html element
      included, I'm including every attribute I know about (just about).
      Any way, I've zipped up the parts I have working into a library of clips for
      the embed, object, applet, param, iframe, layer, ilayer and img elements.
      I am including my plan for The All-Inclusive-All-Browser-Embed-Clip
      If any one thinks they can use them as they now are, if any one wants to see
      what I'm doing and give me comments on the final clip, or if any one just likes
      to click on links to see what happens, the zipped file is at:
      http://www.blueneptune.com/~stephen/embed.zip.
      It won't stay there forever, but if the final humongous clip is a good one,
      I'll offer it up to NoteTab's Clip Library Site.
      Thanks and happy embedding,
      Stephen

      eGroups Sponsor

    • Ken Brayton
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 9, 2000
        Stephen,

        BUG: On the embed clip, if you say yes to the MIME type question, another box pops up asking you to specify the MIME type for this object. Under the prompt "Specify the border around the object", you list the number 1 twice like this: 1, 1, 3, 4... instead of like this: 1, 2, 3, 4... I see the same thing doing the "Object" clip. Probably a common routine shared by all clips?

        A suggestion on zipping up files - don't include the directory information when you anticipate distributing a file to the masses unless you really intend to install a file into a particular directory. More of a convenience thing for your intended audience. Just a thought...

        Keep up the good work!

        Ken Brayton
        Albany Oregon
      • Bryan Guignard
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 30, 2000
          unsubscribe
        • Jean Snyder
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 13, 2000
          • Linnea Bak
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 6, 2001
              ntb-html@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 05.11.01:
              There are 3 messages in this issue.

              Topics in this digest:

              1. change 2 of 3 frames
              From: aschoepp@...
              2. Re: change 2 of 3 frames
              From: "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@...>
              3. Re: change 2 of 3 frames
              From: Lotta <loro@...>

              Message: 1
              Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 04:36:33 -0000
              From: aschoepp@...
              Subject: change 2 of 3 frames

              Hi,

              I'm working on a web page and want to change the content of 2 frames
              with one click in a 3rd frame. Is this possible without going to a
              script?

              Thanks,
              Al

              Message: 2
              Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:43:18 -0500
              From: "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@...>
              Subject: Re: change 2 of 3 frames

              Nope, you need to have a new frame page load that has the two frames changed
              in it to do it.

              Example, if you have frame page 1.htm (which contains 1a.htm, 1b.htm and
              1c.htm) and want by clicking on a link to change two of those framed pages,
              you need to load a new page, 2.htm (which contains say, 1a.htm, 2a.htm and
              2b.htm).

              So what you are doing is changing just one page with the click (ie neither
              of the framED pages are changed by the click, rather the FRAME page is
              changed) and that page in turn loads the correct mix of pages within its
              frames.

              --
              Don Passenger
              mailto:dpasseng@...
              > I'm working on a web page and want to change the content of 2 frames
              > with one click in a 3rd frame. Is this possible without going to a
              > script?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Al

              Message: 3
              Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 06:49:58 +0100
              From: Lotta <loro@...>

              Hi Al,

              >I'm working on a web page and want to change the content of 2 frames
              >with one click in a 3rd frame. Is this possible without going to a
              >script?

              With only HTML you need to load a new frameset (which isn't a bad idea).
              Take a look here.
              http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/frames.html#frame-update2

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 6, 2001
                This ain't the way you do it.

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 6, 2001
                  Hi Linnea,

                  Please click on the unsubscribe address below and send the post
                  empty or change your options at yahoo to "No Mail," the
                  equivalent of web only.

                  http://www.notetab.net

                  The NoteTab and Html List...
                • Carol Mounts
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 28, 2002
                    Unsubscribe
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 28, 2002
                      Hi Carol,

                      >Unsubscribe

                      Please click on the unsubscribe link in my sigline. If it fails, write me private eMail. TIA

                      http://www.notetab.net

                      Subscribe, UnSubscribe, Options