[NH] Re: html tutorials

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 1980
      Hi Bill,

      > I would start with the basics and use NoteTab Pro .. and the
      > clips library then maybe go to a WYSIWYG like anapholibia ...
      > *||:)

      Once I made my clips I removed all my html editors. :)

      Happy HTMLin'!
      Jody

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 1980
        Hi Nicole,

        > But given the choice to use notetab or frontpage only, I would
        > choose Notetab: You should really learn HTML basics, otherwise
        > a wysiwiw editor (what you see is what I want) drives you nuts.

        Exactly, you get it the way *they* want it. Surely, Homesite,
        Frontpage, etc. have some advanced features NoteTab doesn't, but
        I wouldn't have anything to use them on if I did have them.
        Others do and need those editors for that purpose. If they use
        NoteTab though, from what I hear, it is their default html
        editor.

        Bye for now,
        Jody Adair
        Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

        http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
        http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
        http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 1999
          Hi All:

          I would start with the basics and use NoteTab Pro .. and the clips library
          then maybe go to a WYSIWYG like anapholibia ... *||:>)

          There is heaps of stuff out there for HTML but Stephanos Piperoglou's
          is great tutorial ... to help learn ins and outs ...
          > http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorials/

          Cheers

          Bill Scott

          off topic ... does anyone know of a tutorial for Windows NT ...?? I want to
          write some pages and use cgi for windows NT ... arrg .. hope that is not a
          stupid way to put it .... hmm might as well stay in character ... oo aaa'
          nay problem ..
        • Nicole Simon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 1999
            Jody wrote:
            > Once I made my clips I removed all my html editors. :)

            This and Search & Replace is *the* major plus of Notetab. Nevertheless it
            is sometimes easier to use Frontpage (or even FP Express or Composer) to
            make a quick and dirty thing and then take a piece of code from it and
            bring it to notetab.

            I have a guy who uses FP Express and wants a ticker in his webpage. No
            problem - but he needs to modify the sourcecode (tickertext). ohoh.

            But given the choice to use notetab or frontpage only, I would choose
            Notetab: You should really learn HTML basics, otherwise a wysiwiw editor
            (what you see is what I want) drives you nuts.

            Nicole

            --
            »So, you're searching for alien life forms? Don't you meet
            enough strange people in discussion lists like this one? ;o)«
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 29, 1999
              In regards to the comments by Nicole and Jody I couldn't agree with you guys
              more completely ...

              > > But given the choice to use notetab or frontpage only, I would
              > > choose Notetab: You should really learn HTML basics, otherwise
              > > a wysiwiw editor (what you see is what I want) drives you nuts.

              The key is to really learn HTML, CSS, and some cut & paste Javascript...with
              that knowledge than regardless of the tool you can code the page...WYSIWYG
              editors don't really help you learn HTML and that is where most people get
              "stuck" because they don't understand what's happening "behind the
              scenes"...

              > Exactly, you get it the way *they* want it. Surely, Homesite,
              > Frontpage, etc. have some advanced features NoteTab doesn't, but
              > I wouldn't have anything to use them on if I did have them.
              > Others do and need those editors for that purpose. If they use
              > NoteTab though, from what I hear, it is their default html
              > editor.

              True (for me anyway)....even though I have the "Top Guns" according to
              popularity, NoteTab Pro is my "editor of choice" because of all the
              customization and templates you can make with it. I actually recieved Front
              Page 98 for the Christmas of 1997, I didn't open it until I really had to
              (customer), and that was about 5 months ago...;-). Given that each software
              application is different and made to do different things it's good to have
              the ability to work with a few different ones as much as you can, using the
              best they offer according to what you need at the particular time...

              Kevin