RE: [NH] .css, text-align: center;

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 6, 2000
      > > With CSS2 you
      > > even find that you can make sure the printed versions of you pages
      > > don't split
      > > your photographs and screen dumps over a couple of pages too
      >
      > I would be interested in seeing an example of this .... photo's
      > are a real pain to get the text right around .... without tables

      I haven't got an example, I'm afraid, and I haven't experimented myself yet. I
      just note that if you use TopStyle and select CSS Level 2 there are properties
      which allow you to handle widows, orphans and page breaks before, after and
      within.

      The W3C specification for CSS2 is, I believe, at http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2.
      You'll need to check out Section 13 on Paged Media.

      Greg
      Message 62 of 62 , Dec 31, 2000
        Hi Greg,

        >I know that Eric recommends "The HTML Reference Library"
        >(http://www.htmlib.com/) which I have not looked at yet. I use
        >the excellent downloadable guide to HTML from
        >http://www.htmlhelp.com/distribution/

        So, you definitely recommend the above, eh? Believe it or not, I
        still had the post in my inbox and trying to clean it up. :)

        Happy New Year to you all!

        OffTopic:
        If there is an expert Linux and PERL person on the list can you
        please write me private eMail if you have time to fix a script
        for a problem I have displaying my last partition in Windows.

        http://www.notetab.net

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...