RE: [NH] RE: Browser not seeing html page

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2000
      > Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html
      > file I get a
      > completely different file extension.
      >
      > I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees'
      > ef~4.html.
      >
      > I named the html file buttonscript.html but keep seeing ef~4.html in the
      > browser window.

      Naming the file and Saving the file are 2 different things. Try saving the
      file to your site folder.

      The "ef~n..html " bit is as I understand it a temp place holder file which
      allows the html page you are working on to be viewed in the browser before
      you save the file to disk.

      >The tabs(mouseovers) when they are clicked show
      > in the task
      > bar the appropriate file name but in the browser window its completely
      > different. Everytime I click on the tab(mouseover) it doesn't do
      > anything to
      > get me to the 'page' where I want to go.

      Again ..Try saving the file to your site folder.
    • Lloyd
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
        Hi Joe,

        I find those efo.xxx files are generated when you make a file and haven't
        saved it to a name yet. When I get one of them, I just save the file with
        the name I want and then it no longer looks for the efo.xxx file.

        Lloyd
        >Hi All!
        >
        >Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html file I get a
        >completely different file extension.
        >
        >I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees' ef~4.html.
        >Joe

        Lloyd

        http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

        Barbecue and Smoke Cooking