RE: Browser not seeing html page

  • JSB
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hi All!

      Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html file I get a
      completely different file extension.

      I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees' ef~4.html.

      I named the html file buttonscript.html but keep seeing ef~4.html in the
      browser window. The tabs(mouseovers) when they are clicked show in the task
      bar the appropriate file name but in the browser window its completely
      different. Everytime I click on the tab(mouseover) it doesn't do anything to
      get me to the 'page' where I want to go.

      I've been persistent about solving this myself and after several tries I
      thought I'd ask for help<grin>.

      What should I do -- thanks for bailing me out:)
      Joe

    • JSB
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2000
        Larry,

        Mega Dittos:)

        Joe
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2000
          Hi Joe,

          That indicates that you have not saved your last change and it is a
          temporary filename that is actually stored in the Windows temp directory.
          If you want to see the true file name, you will need to save the file first.

          HTH,

          Larry Hamilton, Jr.
          lm_hamilton@...
          http://notlimah.tripod.com/
          http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/

          At 05:03 PM 11/05/2000 -0600, you wrote:
          >Hi All!
          >
          >Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html file I get a
          >completely different file extension.
          >
          >I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees' ef~4.html.
        • Grant
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2000
            > Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html
            > file I get a
            > completely different file extension.
            >
            > I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees'
            > ef~4.html.
            >
            > I named the html file buttonscript.html but keep seeing ef~4.html in the
            > browser window.

            Naming the file and Saving the file are 2 different things. Try saving the
            file to your site folder.

            The "ef~n..html " bit is as I understand it a temp place holder file which
            allows the html page you are working on to be viewed in the browser before
            you save the file to disk.

            >The tabs(mouseovers) when they are clicked show
            > in the task
            > bar the appropriate file name but in the browser window its completely
            > different. Everytime I click on the tab(mouseover) it doesn't do
            > anything to
            > get me to the 'page' where I want to go.

            Again ..Try saving the file to your site folder.
          • Lloyd
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2000
              Hi Joe,

              I find those efo.xxx files are generated when you make a file and haven't
              saved it to a name yet. When I get one of them, I just save the file with
              the name I want and then it no longer looks for the efo.xxx file.

              Lloyd
              >Hi All!
              >
              >Everytime I click on the browser within notetab to see the html file I get a
              >completely different file extension.
              >
              >I.E. file name should be buttonscript.html but the browser 'sees' ef~4.html.
              >Joe

              Lloyd

              http://lloyd2.home.mindspring.com/index.htm

              Barbecue and Smoke Cooking