Re: [NH] code for form

  • Lotta
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
      Hejsan!

      Are you by any chance Scandinavian?. CGI scripts are not my thing. I too,
      am planning to learn that, so I got curious and went to the QCCart site and
      had a look. I take it one is supposed to use the sample Forms on their page
      and alter the values to correspond to one's products and prices and so on.
      Is that right?

      ><form action=http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi method=post>
      ><input type="hidden" name="AddItem" value="9929125|1) One piece front
      >mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1|1|0101010101|||">

      That looks peculiar. Is the above supposed to correspond to the below from
      the QCCart site?

      <form action=http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi method=post>
      <input type=hidden name=AddItem
      value="cartid|itemname|itemcost|itemquantity||||||||">

      If so, it seems like your cart id is 9929125 and the name of your product
      is: 1) One piece front
      mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1
      Are you sure that is correct?

      >Is it possible to add <input type=text> in the middle of this form with
      >select and option tags? And still have the cart figure out the price and
      >display all the input from the form. I am unsuccessful so far.

      What do you want the text field to do? If you want it to send some data to
      the QCCart script, I haven't an clue. Didn't look like they used that kind
      of input fields. Do they have support? Didn't notice. If you want it for
      another form/script it's OK as long as you don't place it within any of
      QCCart's <FORM></FORM> tags. A form can't contain another form.

      I know there are at least some guys into CGI on the list. They can probably
      help you out. I just got excited because this stuff is on my mind right now
      and had to butt in.

      Hej då!

      Lotta
    • Mette
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2000
        Heisan Lotta! and hello Bill and Stephen!

        I have been reading those CGI scripts up and down since I never saw a CGI
        script in my life before. I finally got it to work somehow. I bought this
        package, and found out that the 24 hour support did not include anything on
        how to do this code. That belongs to Premium support department @ $100 or
        175
        per hour. I don't remember, and I can't afford either.

        On my page do I need information about customer's choice of colors, text
        styles, vehicle
        like year, make and model and I have made multiple choice menus for
        mat colors, text styles, etc., year and make of vehicle. But there are just
        far too many models to make a menu for that. Instead I wanted people to
        write in the model themselves in a text box. I prefer all that information
        to be sent along with the order. But I have not figured out how I can get
        <input type="text" size="20" name="?"> to work. The rest of my multiple
        choice menus are all linked together in this way, the first pull down menu
        reflects the variable VARFrill1 from the form:

        <select name="VARFrill1">
        </select>
        <select name="VARFrill2">
        </select>
        <select name="VARFrill3">
        </select>

        But how can I get the textbox linked in here? I need the input to be sent
        with the rest of the form to. I have tried to call it
        another variable, like VARQuan. But that does not work off course. It is
        not
        a number I ask for in the text box.

        The text between " and <br><li> shows up the shopping cart and on the
        customers order that is sent to me. If I don't include the <br><li> the
        VARFrilln is displayed in the shopping cart. I have not checked if anything
        else
        goes wrong as well.

        > If so, it seems like your cart id is 9929125 and the name of your product
        > is: 1) One piece front
        > mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1
        > Are you sure that is correct?
        Yes I believe it is correct. The name of the product is in the cgi script,
        I put not only name of product, but also other things as mentioned above.

        > Hej då!
        Lotta, yes I am. A full blood Norwegian living in US. But heading back home
        for a month this week!!

        Stephen how do I find out if the cgi script allow the text box in the middle
        of the form full of multiple choice drop down menus? Thanks for your advice
        and I am happy I found the right list. I was sending it to the clip group
        first, not realizing there were 2 different e-mails.

        I am very happy about this list. I have learned the html I know so far all
        by myself using internet and a couple of books. I needed someone to discuss
        things with. And it helps trying to explain the problem. That already gave
        me more ideas how to solve my problems. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

        Mette

        One page with that form is: www.jorgys.com/car_mat_plain_1.htm