code for form

  • Mette
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
      Heisan! Any Note Tabers that can help me out?

      I am working on html code for a shopping cart called qcart . Is it possible
      to add <input type=text> in the middle of this form with select and option
      tags? And still have the cart figure out the price and display all the input
      from the form. I am unsuccessful so far.

      Here is a short sample of what the shopping cart code look like for a
      product
      of 139$:

      <form method="post" action="http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi">
      <input type="hidden" name="AddItem" value="9929125|1) One piece front
      mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1|1|0101010101|||">
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill1>
      <option selected VALUE="Truck/Wheel system:
      <option VALUE="Truck/Wheel system: 2 wheel drive<BR><LI>VARFrill2">2 wheel
      drive</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Wheel system: 4 wheel drive<BR><LI>VARFrill2">4 wheel
      drive</option></select>
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill2>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Size: Full size<BR><LI>VARFrill3">Full size</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Size: Down size<BR><LI>VARFrill3">Down
      size</option></select>
      <SELECT NAME=VARFrill3>
      <option selected VALUE="Truck/Cabin: N/A|139 + 0.00">N/A</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Cabin: Ext. cabin|139 + 0.00">Ext. cabin</option>
      <option VALUE="Truck/Cabin: Crew cabin|139 + 0.00">Crew cabin</option>
      </select>
      <input type="image" border="0" name="submit"
      src="image/bt_add_to_cart_qccart.gif">
      </form>

      The <br> <li> code is given from the qcart provider. Every time I run
      Tidy HTML on this code it changes it to <BR><LI>. What does it
      means for my page if I keep <br> <li>?

      I am new in this game even though I have been on the list and tried to
      follow the discussions. I hope my questions is not too far off the topics
      covered here. Please bear over with me!
      Thanks
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2000
        Hejsan!

        Are you by any chance Scandinavian?. CGI scripts are not my thing. I too,
        am planning to learn that, so I got curious and went to the QCCart site and
        had a look. I take it one is supposed to use the sample Forms on their page
        and alter the values to correspond to one's products and prices and so on.
        Is that right?

        ><form action=http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi method=post>
        ><input type="hidden" name="AddItem" value="9929125|1) One piece front
        >mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1|1|0101010101|||">

        That looks peculiar. Is the above supposed to correspond to the below from
        the QCCart site?

        <form action=http://www.qccart.net/cgi-bin/cart.cgi method=post>
        <input type=hidden name=AddItem
        value="cartid|itemname|itemcost|itemquantity||||||||">

        If so, it seems like your cart id is 9929125 and the name of your product
        is: 1) One piece front
        mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1
        Are you sure that is correct?

        >Is it possible to add <input type=text> in the middle of this form with
        >select and option tags? And still have the cart figure out the price and
        >display all the input from the form. I am unsuccessful so far.

        What do you want the text field to do? If you want it to send some data to
        the QCCart script, I haven't an clue. Didn't look like they used that kind
        of input fields. Do they have support? Didn't notice. If you want it for
        another form/script it's OK as long as you don't place it within any of
        QCCart's <FORM></FORM> tags. A form can't contain another form.

        I know there are at least some guys into CGI on the list. They can probably
        help you out. I just got excited because this stuff is on my mind right now
        and had to butt in.

        Hej då!

        Lotta
      • Mette
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2000
          Heisan Lotta! and hello Bill and Stephen!

          I have been reading those CGI scripts up and down since I never saw a CGI
          script in my life before. I finally got it to work somehow. I bought this
          package, and found out that the 24 hour support did not include anything on
          how to do this code. That belongs to Premium support department @ $100 or
          175
          per hour. I don't remember, and I can't afford either.

          On my page do I need information about customer's choice of colors, text
          styles, vehicle
          like year, make and model and I have made multiple choice menus for
          mat colors, text styles, etc., year and make of vehicle. But there are just
          far too many models to make a menu for that. Instead I wanted people to
          write in the model themselves in a text box. I prefer all that information
          to be sent along with the order. But I have not figured out how I can get
          <input type="text" size="20" name="?"> to work. The rest of my multiple
          choice menus are all linked together in this way, the first pull down menu
          reflects the variable VARFrill1 from the form:

          <select name="VARFrill1">
          </select>
          <select name="VARFrill2">
          </select>
          <select name="VARFrill3">
          </select>

          But how can I get the textbox linked in here? I need the input to be sent
          with the rest of the form to. I have tried to call it
          another variable, like VARQuan. But that does not work off course. It is
          not
          a number I ask for in the text box.

          The text between " and <br><li> shows up the shopping cart and on the
          customers order that is sent to me. If I don't include the <br><li> the
          VARFrilln is displayed in the shopping cart. I have not checked if anything
          else
          goes wrong as well.

          > If so, it seems like your cart id is 9929125 and the name of your product
          > is: 1) One piece front
          > mat/plain (139)<br><li>VARFrill1
          > Are you sure that is correct?
          Yes I believe it is correct. The name of the product is in the cgi script,
          I put not only name of product, but also other things as mentioned above.

          > Hej då!
          Lotta, yes I am. A full blood Norwegian living in US. But heading back home
          for a month this week!!

          Stephen how do I find out if the cgi script allow the text box in the middle
          of the form full of multiple choice drop down menus? Thanks for your advice
          and I am happy I found the right list. I was sending it to the clip group
          first, not realizing there were 2 different e-mails.

          I am very happy about this list. I have learned the html I know so far all
          by myself using internet and a couple of books. I needed someone to discuss
          things with. And it helps trying to explain the problem. That already gave
          me more ideas how to solve my problems. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

          Mette

          One page with that form is: www.jorgys.com/car_mat_plain_1.htm