Link to another HTML file

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      03/11/00 01:21:28

      I managed to create a clip at last where I highlight a selection of text and can go and
      find an html file and it then automatically produces a hyperlink surrounding that text
      altered to suit the servers where my files are located converted from the equivalent
      position on my computer. Folks who use this could make their own conversions if they
      have files on more than one ISP represented by different folders on their computer.

      ^!ToolBar New Document
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+F5
      ">

      ^!ToolBar Select All
      ^!If ^$GetSelSize$ < 3 End
      ^!Set %Text%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace("C:\My
      Uploads\Freeserve\";"http://www.worsfold98.freeserve.co.uk/";"^%Text%";No;No)$
      ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace("C:\My Uploads\FreeUK
      Plural\";"http://www.plural.freeuk.com/";"^%Text%";No;No)$
      ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace("C:\My Uploads\FreeUK
      Change\";"http://www.change.freeuk.com/";"^%Text%";No;No)$
      ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace("C:\My Uploads\FreeUK
      Renew\";"http://www.renew.freeuk.com/";"^%Text%";No;No)$
      ^!Set %Text%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^%Text%";No;No)$
      ^!InsertText ^%Text%

      ^!Toolbar Copy All

      NOW RETURN TO THE HTML DOCUMENT
      NO NEED TO SAVE THIS DOCUMENT

      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+F4
      ;Copy the selection into a variable
      ^!Set %ParaText%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V
      ^!SetPasteIndent Off
      ^!InsertText ^%ParaText%
      </a>

      Clip ended directly after the </a> above
      Adrian Worsfold

      web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      email: adrian@...