Re: [NH]form button ?

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      thanks Lotta .... Luv this list .... it helps to have someone jog
      your memory which at 53 is getting ... huh .... where am I ...
      burp .... working from home is great but ... gets a wee bit lonely
      sometimes .... ! I found an interesting article on netwriting ...
      reviewing it now ... be back a wee minute ...

      Bill
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Afterthought-

        I knew there was something more with input type=image. The saying is
        some/older browsers don't support ALT in this case. It is recommended to
        use value or name instead. Preferably all three. A little test gave this
        surprising result (this is a special for you, Stephen).

        IE5 supports only ALT
        NN4.5 only NAME
        Opera none, but ALT at least turns the arrow into a hand
        Mosaic none
        Lynx ALT & VALUE. And when NAME is used it acts as if nothing were there
        and nicely prints "submit"

        So here's to Lynx. Now this isn't so bad. There should be some other input
        field and most people will know to hit "Enter" which (I hope) would work
        with all browsers. FYI TITLE doesn't seem to work so good in this case either.