Re: [NH]form button ?

  • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000

      This helps more people than Bill (like me), Thanks! Although, can the
      button itself be a different color than grey?

      Regards,

      Wayland Fowler
      Software Engineer (and all around nice guy!)
      (281) 280-4446

      Lotta
      <loro@... To: ntb-html@egroups.com
      > cc:
      Subject: Re: [NH]form button ?
      11/01/00
      08:04 AM
      Please
      respond to
      ntb-html

      Hi Scott,

      At 15:02 2000-11-01, you wrote:
      >Is there a way to have a different button instead of the grey
      >button for <form> ?

      Yeppers. Button or any image.

      <INPUT type="image" src="yourpic.gif width="x" height="y" border="z"
      alt="Submit">

      eGroups Sponsor
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi Wayland,

        > Although, can the button itself be a different color than grey?

        The default button? Not with HTML. Possibly with CSS. I don't really know.
        If it is possible I doubt if many would be able to see it. Seems safer to
        make or get a button somewhere and use type=image. Note that the image
        input doesn't work with all scripts, though.

        BTW the latest CSS trick I heard of is changing the color of the browser's
        scroll bars. Those who have the latest IE should be able to see it at the
        URL below. I can't.

        www.worldzone.net

        Lotta
      • Bill Scott
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          thanks Lotta .... Luv this list .... it helps to have someone jog
          your memory which at 53 is getting ... huh .... where am I ...
          burp .... working from home is great but ... gets a wee bit lonely
          sometimes .... ! I found an interesting article on netwriting ...
          reviewing it now ... be back a wee minute ...

          Bill
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
            Afterthought-

            I knew there was something more with input type=image. The saying is
            some/older browsers don't support ALT in this case. It is recommended to
            use value or name instead. Preferably all three. A little test gave this
            surprising result (this is a special for you, Stephen).

            IE5 supports only ALT
            NN4.5 only NAME
            Opera none, but ALT at least turns the arrow into a hand
            Mosaic none
            Lynx ALT & VALUE. And when NAME is used it acts as if nothing were there
            and nicely prints "submit"

            So here's to Lynx. Now this isn't so bad. There should be some other input
            field and most people will know to hit "Enter" which (I hope) would work
            with all browsers. FYI TITLE doesn't seem to work so good in this case either.