Re: [NH]form button ?

  • Bill Scott
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi all:

      Is there a way to have a different button instead of the grey
      button for <form> ?

      also if there is anyone interested in stockdog training I need a
      couple of proof readers
      for my online ranch dog clinic ...... any takers ...?

      Bill
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi Scott,

        At 15:02 2000-11-01, you wrote:
        >Is there a way to have a different button instead of the grey
        >button for <form> ?

        Yeppers. Button or any image.

        <INPUT type="image" src="yourpic.gif width="x" height="y" border="z"
        alt="Submit">

      • Wayland_B_Fowler@Raytheon.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000

          This helps more people than Bill (like me), Thanks! Although, can the
          button itself be a different color than grey?

          Regards,

          Wayland Fowler
          Software Engineer (and all around nice guy!)
          (281) 280-4446

          Lotta
          <loro@... To: ntb-html@egroups.com
          > cc:
          Subject: Re: [NH]form button ?
          11/01/00
          08:04 AM
          Please
          respond to
          ntb-html

          Hi Scott,

          At 15:02 2000-11-01, you wrote:
          >Is there a way to have a different button instead of the grey
          >button for <form> ?

          Yeppers. Button or any image.

          <INPUT type="image" src="yourpic.gif width="x" height="y" border="z"
          alt="Submit">

          eGroups Sponsor
        • Lotta
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
            Hi Wayland,

            > Although, can the button itself be a different color than grey?

            The default button? Not with HTML. Possibly with CSS. I don't really know.
            If it is possible I doubt if many would be able to see it. Seems safer to
            make or get a button somewhere and use type=image. Note that the image
            input doesn't work with all scripts, though.

            BTW the latest CSS trick I heard of is changing the color of the browser's
            scroll bars. Those who have the latest IE should be able to see it at the
            URL below. I can't.

            www.worldzone.net

            Lotta
          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
              thanks Lotta .... Luv this list .... it helps to have someone jog
              your memory which at 53 is getting ... huh .... where am I ...
              burp .... working from home is great but ... gets a wee bit lonely
              sometimes .... ! I found an interesting article on netwriting ...
              reviewing it now ... be back a wee minute ...

              Bill
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
                Afterthought-

                I knew there was something more with input type=image. The saying is
                some/older browsers don't support ALT in this case. It is recommended to
                use value or name instead. Preferably all three. A little test gave this
                surprising result (this is a special for you, Stephen).

                IE5 supports only ALT
                NN4.5 only NAME
                Opera none, but ALT at least turns the arrow into a hand
                Mosaic none
                Lynx ALT & VALUE. And when NAME is used it acts as if nothing were there
                and nicely prints "submit"

                So here's to Lynx. Now this isn't so bad. There should be some other input
                field and most people will know to hit "Enter" which (I hope) would work
                with all browsers. FYI TITLE doesn't seem to work so good in this case either.