Notetab wins over Dreamweaver in web site translation

  • Piotr Bienkowski
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
      Hi,

      I'm pleased to share with you a victory over a client for whom I am
      doing a web site translation and they were forcing Dreamweaver on me.
      Dreamweaver was slowing me down because its keyboard shortcuts conflict
      with the Polish keyboard layout so I had to use an alternative keyboard
      driver which was slowing me down even more. Finally they gave in and
      approved NoteTab. They even said it is better than Dreamweaver!

      NoteTab rules! :)

      Piotr
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
        Hi Piotr,

        >I'm pleased to share with you a victory over a client for whom I
        >am doing a web site translation and they were forcing Dreamweaver
        >on me....Finally they gave in and approved NoteTab. They even
        >said it is better than Dreamweaver!
        >
        >NoteTab rules! :)

        Thanks for the support! :) I hear the same about HomeSite, FrontPage,
        etc. quite often.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Clint Tredway
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
          I agree that Note Tab is better for alot of things then
          HomeSite,DreamWeaver,Frontpage, but HomeStie?Cold Fusion Studio do things
          that I wish Note Tab.

          >I'm pleased to share with you a victory over a client for whom I
          >am doing a web site translation and they were forcing Dreamweaver
          >on me....Finally they gave in and approved NoteTab. They even
          >said it is better than Dreamweaver!
          >
          >NoteTab rules! :)

          Thanks for the support! :) I hear the same about HomeSite, FrontPage,
          etc. quite often.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
            Hi Piotr,

            >I'm pleased to share with you a victory over a client for whom I am
            >doing a web site translation and they were forcing Dreamweaver on me.
            >Dreamweaver was slowing me down because its keyboard shortcuts conflict
            >with the Polish keyboard layout so I had to use an alternative keyboard
            >driver which was slowing me down even more. Finally they gave in and
            >approved NoteTab. They even said it is better than Dreamweaver!

            Excellent! This is music to my ears <g>.

            Regards,
            Eric Fookes
            -----------
            NoteTab v4.83 available from

          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
              This a just an email test. Sorry.
            • Piotr Bienkowski
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
                Clint Tredway wrote:

                > I agree that Note Tab is better for alot of things then
                > HomeSite,DreamWeaver,Frontpage, but HomeStie?Cold Fusion Studio do things
                > that I wish Note Tab.

                That's only the question of programming skills I guess. Today I even
                used Notetab+Perl as a poor man's CAT tool to translate country names in
                JavaScripts repeating in different web pages. :)
              • Troy E. O'Brien
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 30, 2000
                  Starting in about a week and a half, I am going to have my beginning level
                  html class use notetab. So far, many of the faculty at the branch of
                  Davenport University where I work have been amazed at how many things I have
                  been able to automate for making web sites through notetab like setting up
                  an entire course syllibi in about 1 minute(where they just need to edit in
                  the grading and weekly schedule and instructor's schedule.) I have only run
                  into one strange problem with notepad and that is that the pro version will
                  get a out of memory error on large library entries where the light does
                  not. It is easy enough to change back and forth though.

                  Troy

                  "Eric G.V. Fookes" wrote:

                  > Hi Piotr,
                  >
                  > >I'm pleased to share with you a victory over a client for whom I am
                  > >doing a web site translation and they were forcing Dreamweaver on me.
                  > >Dreamweaver was slowing me down because its keyboard shortcuts conflict
                  > >with the Polish keyboard layout so I had to use an alternative keyboard
                  > >driver which was slowing me down even more. Finally they gave in and
                  > >approved NoteTab. They even said it is better than Dreamweaver!
                  >
                  > Excellent! This is music to my ears <g>.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Eric Fookes
                  > -----------
                  > NoteTab v4.83 available from
                  > http://www.notetab.com and http://www.notetab.ch

                  Troy E. O'Brien zen@... Web Master http://my.voyager.net/zen/
                  Knowledge is the greatest tool - Build Yourself a better toolbox everyday
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 31, 2000
                    Hi Troy,

                    > I have only run into one strange problem with notepad and that
                    > is that the pro version will get a out of memory error on large
                    > library entries where the light does not. It is easy enough to
                    > change back and forth though.

                    If you are speaking of large Wizards getting the TLCombo box our
                    of memory error or something to that effect, try splitting your
                    wizard in half. Bring up the first for them to fill in and then
                    go right into the second. Hopefully, those issues will be
                    resolved in version 5.