Re: [NH] A Link to open new window ....

  • Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
      29/10/00 19:21:40

      Go to my website but at the second homepage (normally) which avoids retriggering the
      counter at http://www.worsfold98.freeserve.co.uk/twowin.html where a small window
      opens and also an even smaller one opens on leaving the website altogether. Check
      the source javascript code, shows how it is done. These scripts are usually available for
      free.

      Adrian Worsfold

      web: http://www.pluralist.co.uk
      email: adrian@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
        Hi JSB,

        You may go to my Snatch-A-Clip site as well to see an example. I
        don't do the code; just asked the folk on the list and I think it
        was Grant that gave it to me, then I modified it.

        To see them work click on any "Snatch this Clip" button. To see
        the page it is calling look at the link after the "Open second
        window:" statements.

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/snatchclp.html

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2000
          Hi Whoever,

          I happened to be in the neighborhood building a new Clip for
          Snatch-A-Clip, or should I say adding one, and anyhow:

          <SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript">
          <!--
          function Openme(newin) {
          flyout=window.open(newin,"flyout","resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,width=300,height=200,top=200,left=230")
          }
          // -->
          </SCRIPT>

          The flyout= is one line.

          http://www.sureword.com/notetab

          The NoteTab and Html List...
          mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 30, 2000
            Thanks ... Adrian , John and Jody .....

            I used the form version of the javascript .... I knew how to do
            this ..... I thought I had seen somewhere someone do a simple text
            click that opened up a new window I think that probably was John's
            version anyway I had already installed the form so stayed with it
            ... it is really nice to have so many collaborators .....

            Thanks ...

            the results are at

            http://www.bordercolliesnstuff.com/booklis.htm

            cheers